FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » John Lennon: 25th anniversary of this death

Author Topic: John Lennon: 25th anniversary of this death
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Thought I would do a little shout out to John.

I was never into the Beatles growing up, we usually heard folk or ABBA or whatever around the house when I was young. When I do remember hearing it I kind of tuned it out, wasn't my thing at the time. Later in college many of my good friends were into it and I gave them another go. Yup. I liked it. But I almost feel as if I don't like them enough. I'm moved by them but I don't have the history to feel as deeply as some others do.

Specifically my best buddy Neal. Another huge Beatle/Lennon fan. While in NYC we finally made it to Central Park and the Straberry Fields memorial he was moved to tears. This guy does not like to emote. I was really struck by this and the differing feelings going on.

So here's to John, the guy who was able to move my friend so much.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] How depressing.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
AI did a CD of John Lennon songsn (sung by current groups) with proceeds going to save darfur. One of my friends is very into this as a cause and I mentioned that maybe I would get this cd for her to her husband and he said she didn't like john lennon. Part of me wants to get her this cd even more now cause obviously she just hasn't been exposed to lennon or else she would like him. [Smile]
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a tick, isn't it the 27th anniversary?
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and it's also my sisters 27th birthday. I should call her and wish her many happy returns.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
27th? Really?
Mmmm... the radio had said 25th...
Maybe they were replaying an old program.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
27th? Really?

It happened in 1980.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.