FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Well...poop

Author Topic: Well...poop
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a very long response to MattB in the polytheism thread that I lost when PJ locked it.

I'll try to rewrite it when the thread comes back.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
If you reconstruct it, I will look forward to reading it.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
For future reference: If you hit the browser's "back" button it should bring you back to a cached version of the page you were on when you wrote your response. At least that way you can copy and paste your own text so you don't lose your work.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Glen,
Not in IE (or at least the IE I'm using) it doesn't. As soon as you leave a page, it clears the cached form data.

Papa,
I'm assuming that you are going to be unlocking the thread. Is that correct? There's some discussions in it I'd like to continue. I could start a new thread for this, I gueses, but it would be much more convenient to continue them there.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As soon as you leave a page, it clears the cached form data.
I don't usually use IE, but I suspect that you can set the cache preferences so it will not clear the data until after you close the browser.

P.S. As an experiment I opened my copy of IE, typed the response above, then clicked on links at the top of the page, and then typed the address for wikipedia and found an article on OSC, before using the back button to resume my place here in the message window. The text I had written was still there.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd presume I'm going to be unlocking the thread, but Tuesday evening through Thursday afternoon is my busiest meatspace-life time; this happened to occur in the middle of it, and I haven't been able to review it all yet.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.