FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Finally, a (non-spam) noob. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finally, a (non-spam) noob.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hookers and blow, dude. Hookers and blow.

Well, cheeky women and thpppppppbbbbbbbt*s -- same thing, more or less.

I'm thinking it's a good thing you're a doctor and not the owner of Studio 54. [Wink]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Physicians are rarely very good at the business side of things.

What, a giant whose eye explodes all over the dance floor on the hour doesn't do it for you? Who knew!

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
By the way, is it true that nothing ever happens on Mars?

I hear tell that Mars is a total sausage fest.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mick from Mars
Member # 11347

- posted      Profile for Mick from Mars           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
quote:
"Handling" can be more pricey than you know. Depending on what stuff of yours is getting handled.
Handling isn't what worries me. It's those swinging elections you have to watch out for.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
I hear tell that Mars is a total sausage fest.

We do have women in Canada:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x190/orlox_2007/mars.jpg

Hi Mick [Wave]

Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Then why do you have to import them?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

Just the exceptional ones, like CT. [Big Grin]
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
The phrase the customs agent used last time I crossed the border was "steal" rather than "import." I assured him I still lived happily on this side. [Smile]

Welcome, Mick.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I was reasonably well-behaved on my last crossing as I was with The Guy and he is more easily embarrassed than I am.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mick...I grok you!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mick from Mars:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
quote:
This place is addictive.

First of all, yes it is. Second of all, you said "addictive" and not "addicting"! You are my new FAVORITE PERSON. Granted being my favorite person may not last very long, but hey, it's something.

People who say "addicting" are the new people who say "I seen it." It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Well anyway, welcome to the 'rack. [Smile] What part of the world are you from? If you don't mind my asking.

Little hint: Where I'm from, it's spelled FAVOURITE.
Regina. In Canada. To the north, and all that.

Ooooh, and just like that you STOPPED being my favorite. I don't know why but I've always hated adding the letter "U" unnecessarily to all sorts of words. Maybe it'll balance out in the end since I'm of French Canadian heritage, but I've got my eye on you.

Sterling -

That's a new one on me, but I understand the feeling.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a lurker for... *counts* ... six and a half years. I guess some things never change.

Edit: make that nearly nine. Wow. (Didn't I used to be good at math? Maybe things do change after all!)

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Hey Mick...I grok you!

But do you grok grok?
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon:
Tante - [No No] [Laugh]

::primly::

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mick from Mars
Member # 11347

- posted      Profile for Mick from Mars           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ooooh, and just like that you STOPPED being my favorite. I don't know why but I've always hated adding the letter "U" unnecessarily to all sorts of words. Maybe it'll balance out in the end since I'm of French Canadian heritage, but I've got my eye on you.

See, in my mindset, it's you who continually remove letters from words. Live and let live man, live and let live.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Why thank you, orlox. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by orlox:
We do have women in Canada:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x190/orlox_2007/mars.jpg

Is that you? That's awesome!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if that is you, can I borrow that outfit?

You see, I really would like to work at NASA after I move. I hear they have openings for tour guides. The only way I'd be a tour guide is if I get to wear something cool like that.

I'd also volunteer to replace any monkeys that are shipped to space, I just don't know if they do that anymore.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

No. I'm a guy.

That is a scientist here in Canada because the terrain resembles Mars.

http://members.aol.com/Tanstaaflz/petesmars_Devon.htm

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Ah, I thought you were a fella. The universe is reordered properly again. [Smile]
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
How's the realestate market?
Is it real good? [Laugh] [Taunt] [Big Grin] [Laugh]

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

We have a longterm member in the US whose husband helps broker personal mortgages, and his business is going better than ever. I think it depends on one's niche in the market.

And LargeTuna, you may not be aware of it, but Canada's real estate market hasn't suffered the same level of growing pains as the US has recently. Mick is Canadian.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Where is Liz? Did I miss something? <concerned>
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Mick!
[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

See, in my mindset, it's you who continually remove letters from words. Live and let live man, live and let live.
I think all colour is taken out of the words with their missing u. The flavour goes missing. I would take it as a favour if you guys could spell the words right.

(And don't get me started on the s/z debate. [Smile] )

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

I read too many British books so my internal speller can't remember which is right. The z sometimes looks so weird to me. "Baptize", is that how it's spelled here? "Baptise" looks so much better to me. Similarly "analyse", "civilisation", etc. Doesn't the "z" look like someone illiterate spelling "surprize" phonetically? That would seem likely to be how it aroze. [Wink]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
If there ever is a law in the US that regulates certain words to be spelled the British/Canadian way, then I could live with the s instead of the z, but I will never tolerate the superfluous u. In fact, I want to remove the second u from superfluous, but I can't because the English Gods would be angry and smite my words for the blasphemy of poor spelling. [Grumble]

Let's not get started on the zee/zed thing. That won't go well no matter how civil we try to be.

Welcome to Earth, Mick! [Wave]

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
But the fourth vowel sounds like a "u." If anything, it's the "o" that is "superfluus."
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reshpeckobiggle:
"superfluus."

*can't decide whether to laugh or cry*
Welcome Mick.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reshpeckobiggle:
But the fourth vowel sounds like a "u." If anything, it's the "o" that is "superfluus."

I don't think so. "Vacuum" and "Continuum" are enough.

In the interest of conservation, I would like to start spelling those words "vacwm" and "continwm."

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

LOL that would save keystrokes!

That's why we like to spell food fud and similarly other oo words like blud, tuth, gud. Gotta save those keystrokes!

Another thing we like to do is replace y with j and vice versa. yust because.

If you add enough silly rules like this, your writing can become nearly completely incomprehensible. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.