FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Celebrate with me!

Author Topic: Celebrate with me!
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I do freelance editing and writing and for the past three years have been working on a 3-volume self-published family and personal history project for a private client. I have a friend and colleague who's a genealogist, so she pretty much set up the family histories (one book for each of my client's parents' lines), and the autobiography was my project with the client. I did the page layout, photo scanning, etc. for all three books and am pleased with how they turned out for all my lack of experience.

The goal was to have all three books published in time for the client to get them out to her family for Christmas. In order to do so, the printer asked that we have everything to them and proof approved by mid-October in order to accomodate the bindery's schedule. It was one month later than that when they finally got the last file from me. Indexing and finalizing endnotes was a nightmare.

But I just got word today that the client picked up all three books yesterday and she loves them, and her family will receive them before Christmas. Woo-hoo!!! You have no idea what a relief this is to me . . . from mid-August through mid-November I was totally immersed in the finalization of these books. I never thought we'd have them done on time and I was majorly stressed. Yay! Life is good. [Smile]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
And now if somebody else does the same sort of books for you and your family they can include this incident in the pages!

Congratulations on a job well done!

Well at least I assume it was well done. [Wink]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Thanks! (And I'm making the same assumption, BB.)
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's really cool. Did the family have an interesting history?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Dragon, some of it is just basic genealogy . . . names and dates, duller than dirt. But there are some fascinating bits, and she has tons of photos of relatives back to the 1800s, along with a lot of cute family stories. We added in geographical and historical background for ancestors she didn't know anything about personally, so it makes for an interesting book all around, as such things go, I think.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.