FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » thread for telephone customer service reps

Author Topic: thread for telephone customer service reps
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
After years of telephone customer service work, I've come up with a list of

Ridiculous things to say on the phone:

--sir, I seem to have grown a second head. May I check?...yes...sir, my 2nd head wants to say something...OK, 2nd head says to please call back.

--Ma'am, a herd of elephants has infested the call center. I'm going to have to let you go.

--Sir, I've been shot.

--Ma'am, that remark was importroobable...What? you don't know what it means?...yes ma'am, I see...right...Ma'am, What do you want it to mean?

--Sir, why do you hate me? Why? Please tell me why, so I'll know too. Please.

--Ma'am, we do request that you not smoke crack within 15 minutes of calling us. Yes, ma'am.

Any others?

Of course, you should never say any of this on the phone if you actually want to keep the job. [ROFL]

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Best thing I ever said (and I *did* actually say this without being fired):

No ma'am, you are not stupid. There's a difference between stupidity and ignorance. You are not stupid and we're going to remedy what you don't know right now.

Best thing I ever overheard (I don't know if the rep saying this was fired, but after 2 hours on the phone with this joker, he got applause for saying it):

<the set up-- the service rep had the guy ctrl-alt-del and shut down any unnecessary programs. The customer was convinced that the rep had removed these programs from his computer and the service rep had unsuccessfully spent the better part of 45 minutes trying to tell the customer that if he'd just reboot his computer they'd all come back. The customer asked "what kind of idiot do you think I am?" The rep, excercised restraint and did not answer this question>

Rep: Sir, what do you want from me?

Cust: I want you to make my computer the way it was when it came out of the box.

Rep: the way it was in the box?

Cust: in the factory... when they put it in the box to ship it to me... that's how I want my hard drive.

Rep: Ok. I can do that.

Cust: Thank you.

Rep: go to your start button...

Cust: Ok.

Rep: select MS-DOS Prompt

Cust: I have a DOS prompt.

Rep: Type "F", "D", "I", "S", "K"

<at this point the training supervisor killed the feed from the call and ran from the room with a profanity>

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to say "know what I mean, Vern?" a lot on the phone at work. I've been saying this for at least 12 years to people. It all started at work with a guy named Vern on the phone, and then I started saying it to anyone. [ROFL]
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.