FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Where are the clones?

Author Topic: Where are the clones?
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
My nephew Sam is a big Star Wars fan, and quite knowledgeable for a 6-year-old. He can discourse at length on the difference between different star cruisers. He can even explain the plot of the newer trilogy and the difference between the Trade Federation and the Separists and the Droid Army. (Don't ask me to repeat it though because I couldn't follow the complexities of it all.)

One question though he couldn't answer with full confidence: what happens to the Clone Army between movies #3 and #4? He thinks that the Clones became part of the Stormtroopers, or maybe the Emperor's personal guard... but he couldn't say for sure.

Anyone know?

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DevilDreamt
Member # 10242

- posted      Profile for DevilDreamt   Email DevilDreamt         Edit/Delete Post 
The process used to artificially age the clones made their bodies unstable and dramatically shortened their lifespans. Put simply, they died of old age.

Okay, I totally made that up. But it sounds plausible, doesn't it?

Posts: 247 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotMe
Member # 10470

- posted      Profile for NotMe   Email NotMe         Edit/Delete Post 
According to one of the video games, they became the stormtroopers. That kinda jives with Leia's comment in the original movie that Luke was a bit tall for a stormtrooper: they were all the same height.
Posts: 145 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean a bit short.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotMe
Member # 10470

- posted      Profile for NotMe   Email NotMe         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably. I didn't take the time to check, and I haven't watched that one in several years.
Posts: 145 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure they became the stormtroopers. I mean, don't they look the same?
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Send in the clones.

Don't bother, they're here.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenox
Member # 8987

- posted      Profile for Zenox   Email Zenox         Edit/Delete Post 
I know in battlefront II, they definitely become stormtroopers. Though the game probably shouldn't be taken with the same gravity as the series, I'm pretty sure it's the same there as well. Republic becomes Empire - Republic's army becomes Empire's army.
Posts: 58 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a friend who I asked the same question about two years ago, he said that they became the original storm troopers and the empire began filling in with recruits.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
The clones' growth acceleration did affect their lifespans, so after the Empire came along volunteers were added to the ranks. The stormtrooper regiments were a mix of clone wars veterans and recruits.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.