FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which super-hero movie would you like to see made?

Author Topic: Which super-hero movie would you like to see made?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
This year we'll see Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk from Marvel and The Dark Knight from DC.

Indiana Jones will return (though we'll see if he's up to his old levels of performance) and Will Smith is playing a guy who tosses whales. [Big Grin]

(Hellboy II and DragonBall Z in there somewhere, too.)

Oh, and supposedly we'll be seeing Justice League and G.I. Joe in 2009.

What super-heroes would you like to see hit the cinema?

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
SamRaimi directing GrannyWeatherwax in Wee Free Men for 2010
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

SamRaimi directing GrannyWeatherwax

The bizarre, imperfect alternate universe director, from a reality where first and last names are one?

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DevilDreamt
Member # 10242

- posted      Profile for DevilDreamt   Email DevilDreamt         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very excited about the new Hellboy movie.

On to your question. I would like to see Deadpool get a movie. Michael Wincott or Bruce Campbell as the lead.

Wow, much as I love comics, I'm sort of stuck here. Neil Gaiman's Sandman really should be a television series, if anything. They're already making another Sin City... They just made an Alien Vs. Predator... You know, I'm not sure what else I'd want.

Maybe a movie based on the Ultimate Avengers, only they stick to the script this time and don't butcher it like they did with that cartoon version...

Posts: 247 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I would not count Sin City, The Sandman or Alien versus Predator as "super-hero" projects. [Smile]

And if you mean that overrated Mark Millar comic, I'd barely count that as "super-hero" either. [Wink]

The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to see an Ultimates movie. Especially if they got the actors they all gave themselves (and Bruce).

I'd also really like to see Freshmen, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, and The Pro.

Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
It'd have to be a Sin City-esque amalgamation, but I'd be interested in seeing Fables made into a movie.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"The bizarre, imperfect alternate universe director, from a reality where first and last names are one?"

The DevilDreamt one, though admittedly GrannyWeatherwax comes from an alternate leg of the Tousers of Time

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DevilDreamt
Member # 10242

- posted      Profile for DevilDreamt   Email DevilDreamt         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think Marv, Wallace and Miho all count as super-heroes. They do heroic things and possess abilities well beyond the means of a normal person, abilities probably well beyond the means of any real person. You listed Indiana Jones and G.I. Joe, so it's only fair that Sin City counts.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
She-Hulk. (Who's way better looking than the Hulk.)
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Well, I think Marv, Wallace and Miho all count as super-heroes.

Frank Miller would be amused by that notion. He does not consider them to be such. Back in the 90s he openly ridiculed attempts to label them such, though perhaps his attitude would be different now. Frank's different now. [Smile]

You listed Indiana Jones and G.I. Joe, so it's only fair that Sin City counts.

I suppose Indy would count more as a Pulp Adventurer, but -personally- I think if Batman counts then Indy would count. As for Joe. it's never been a secret that their 1980s version of G.I. Joe drew inspiration from super-hero teams as much as from the military.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
It'd have to be a Sin City-esque amalgamation, but I'd be interested in seeing Fables made into a movie.

While I admit that Bigby and Boy Blue are -way- cooler than most super-heroes, Fables only sometimes goes into that genre, and not usually for long. [Smile]
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott Pilgrim
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see Captain America as a World War 2-era, somewhat steampunk period flick. Can you say Scorcese?

I'd also be awesomed by a good Doom Patrol movie, though I think that'd be almost impossible to do.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see the Wolverine movie include his time when he was with that Secret Military group carrying out missions and what not. maybe it was part of Weapon X. i cant remember. anyone know what im talking about?
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
There is going to be a Captain America movie in 2009

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/

But there are some changes fans may not be happy with like his costuming and sheild.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see The Watchmen. They are producing it right now, so I hope it's done well enough. Alan Moore will usually have nothing to do with the movies made from his comics.

I'd also like to see Fables done, but as a TV series.

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Dr. Strange, done well, done right. I haven't read any modern Dr. Strange comics, but I read a bunch from the 80's that I had inherited long ago, and I always loved the character, even if the comics tended to be a tad corny. Get a great writer and an interesting director to do Dr. Strange, and I'd be thrilled.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Obi-Wan Ke - never mind.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
The Authority.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Trigun, but I can't imagine who they'd cast as Vash that I would find satisfying. I think Ryan Reynolds has the build, look, and ability to mix between action and comedy, but I'm not sure.

I would have said DBZ when I was younger, but I was naive then. Now I dread it.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see the Kitty Pride/Wolverine miniseries made into a movie - it's a pretty good story, plus ninja fighting with phasing abilities would be cool.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take Chris Bridges for the win.

Okay then: Chris, what would be the most ridiculously awesome super hero movie ever?

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
The Authority.

I agree!

Aaaaand that's correct! You win the game!

[Party]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I can't get Hiyao Miyazaki to make an anime adaption of Ender's Game, I'd settle for Mighty Max. I know it's childish but the characters have so much potential for awesome.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Captain America WWII movie.
The Marvel Secret Wars might be cool. I want them to hold off on Super Hero movies for a while, so everyone doesn't get sick of them.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Trigun, but I can't imagine who they'd cast as Vash that I would find satisfying. I think Ryan Reynolds has the build, look, and ability to mix between action and comedy, but I'm not sure.

It's a classic series, but a real life version of this would be pretty lame IMO. One anime classic that would be a decent movie now-a-days with all the computer technology would be Iria: The Zeiram Animation. Now they already tried this, but im sure it was garbage. Would be much cooler if it was made today.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Invinceable.

Miracleman.

The Pro would be fun, but I'm not sure it could be kept R-rated..

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, Too Much Coffee Man? [Smile]

There's a lot of potentially good stuff coming, to be sure. Very much looking forward to Dark Knight, hopeful regarding Iron Man.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel there is only one really super super-hero, and that is Superman. I want more Superman movies made. Superman Returns begs a sequel. It could be Son of Superman, or something like that. Only, instead of being allergic to Kryptonite, junior would be allergic to Goldenrod pollen.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite characters from the Marvel Super Heroes role playing game were the team from Alpha Flight (go go Canadians!) and Cloak and Dagger .
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

Ron, Super man is a classic, but unless the villain is some super powerful alien, you already know that it is going to involve kryponite. it's gotten old.
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I am the only person who liked that 90's Captain America movie, with the Aryan.

Edit: And for supes, the villain can be: Doomsday, Brainiac, Mister Mxyzptlk (but that would be a comedy), Bizarro (please), Metallo, I know the producer wanted to do another Zod movie, Darkseid (that'd work), Mongul (also would work), and maybe intergang... or Lobo, but that'd also be a comedy.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
krynn, I think it's time that Superman found a cure for his Kryptonite sensitivity. Then he'd just need to make sure he gets enough exposure to sunlight every so often. (That's a new thing they snuck in some time ago. He's solar-powered.)
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.