FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 3:10 to Yuma- Anyone get the DVD?

Author Topic: 3:10 to Yuma- Anyone get the DVD?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
My copy finally arrived in the mail today. Anyone else get this? I really feel it was one of the best films of 2007. Certainly one of the best "mythic" type Westerns seen since Silverado.

Can't wait to check out the commentary. With a cast like this, there are sure to be some interesting stories. [Cool]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking forward to watching it now that it's out (I meant to see it in the theater but spaced it off), but I almost never buy DVDs.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll definitely be buying this one. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
I should get it for my dad. He wanted to see it but never made it to the theatre.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Hmmm. Anyone have problems with their copy?

Mine kept halting and skipping. I've had to return it.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
We watched it last night - I loved it. I thought it was everything a good Western should be, and Russell Crowe and Christian Bale were great together. I definitely recommend this one.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
It was my favorite movie of the year until I saw No Country for Old Men. I don't think I'll buy it, but I'll rent it for the commentary. No Country, I'm definitely buying.

I made the decision to see 3:10 when I heard Russel Crowe say the line: ""They're coming. As sure as God's (vengeance), they're coming." That sealed it.

Plus it has Wash in it.

Edit: changed "wrath" to "vengeance."

[ January 13, 2008, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Reshpeckobiggle ]

Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
Im glad you said "since Silverado." That is my favorite Western movie and yet whenever i brin git up in conversation no one knows it. oh yeah, 3:10 to Yuma was a good flick too, though i felt it was too goody goody at the end. he [Russell Crowe] could have easily of went with his gang. Still a good movie though.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
i felt it was too goody goody at the end. he [Russell Crowe] could have easily of went with his gang.

Could he? I think they did a good job establishing that "Ben Wade" had a lot of contempt for his gang. Contempt, disgust, and being obviously weary of handling them.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.