FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone else having problems with Gmail?

Author Topic: Anyone else having problems with Gmail?
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting a blank screen when I try to read gmail. This has happened on three different computers.

Has anyone heard anything about gmail being down or somesuch? (or is it just my gmail account?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Opened fine for me a few minutes ago, but I've had previous problems similar to what you're experiencing.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't get it to open in Internet Explorer but Firefox worked just fine.

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
IMAP didn't work for me last night, but I was still able to log in from my browser. Everything works fine now, though.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.. They broke it in explorer. Firefox DOES work for me too. How irritating.

(even more irritating, I didn't get the email I was expecting.)

Thanks guys,

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually regularly have this problem with Gmail as well. Usually refreshing http://mail.google.com/mail a couple of times brings it up. It doesn't work if I just refresh whatever page gmail is trying to send me to after I log in.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never had problems with gmail, and don't as of five seconds ago (thankfully). There was one time that I can remember that I've ever had difficulty, and that was when everyone I knew was as well.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having that problem, too.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I was having the same problem, but on the advice of some people at...hm...GC, I think, I deleted the relevant cookies. Problem went away.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotMe
Member # 10470

- posted      Profile for NotMe   Email NotMe         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad's been getting a lot of Error 102 messages. Using the https version helps a bit, but hasn't solved things all the way. On the other hand, I haven't had any problems with my account (at least partly due to the fact that I'm using a mac).
Posts: 145 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
I'm getting a blank screen when I try to read gmail. This has happened on three different computers.

Has anyone heard anything about gmail being down or somesuch? (or is it just my gmail account?

Now that you mention it, yes! Every time I try to send you love letters I get blocked my some sort of, "Google Girl Protection Filter"

It's very annoying. [Wink]

But in all seriousness, no, I just fired up my gmail and used it without any sort of difficulty.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.