FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Computer screen help please -- ALL BETTER! *smile*

Author Topic: Computer screen help please -- ALL BETTER! *smile*
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

My screen has shifted an inch to the right. I can not figure out how to make it go back to the left. I'm running Vista. Pleas ehelp. *grrr*

[ January 13, 2008, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of screen do you have?

If it's an LCD there should be an option on the monitor it's self to auto detect, use that, and it should fix it.

If it's a CRT: you'll find other options on the monitor it's self to shift to the left / right.

If neither of these help check the desktop properties (right click anywhere on the desktop, not an icon, and properties), you can change some options in there. Please give more information to help troubleshoot.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

LCD is flat screen, yes?

Right clicking on the desktop properties doesn't doesn't really allow my options like the older Windows did . . .

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I think what rav means is that the physical monitor itself should have a menu accessible regardless of what is outputting to the display (in this case, your computer) which should have an option, as rav said, to auto-detect the display. It's probably not a problem with software, so you shouldn't need to mess around with desktop properties or anything like that.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
What funny said. there would be buttons on the front of your monitor that allow you to change the placement of your virtual display.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Oh! The "auto" button, perhaps?

Thanks folks!

Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
<cheeky> Couldn't you just move it back an inch to the left? I find my screen moves around less if I use sticky-tack on the base. </cheeky>
Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.