FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Moving again...Colorado?

Author Topic: Moving again...Colorado?
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Another employer that doesn't seem to like paying what they promise, and Alaska's just way too expensive for a young single guy like myself, so I'm handing in my two weeks notice and driving off to Colorado towards the end of the month. Any 'Rackers in that area?
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
Me. I can't recommend this state any higher.
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Colorado too, it's an amazing place.
Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to live in Denver, and third the endorsements for Colorado. I lived in Alaska for 17 years and you couldn't drag me back. But given the opportunity to move back to Colorado, I'd definitely do it. Real seasons, centrally located, mountains and 300+ days of sunshine per year. The only things I missed living there were the ocean, humidity, and big tall trees. Colorado is a wonderful place to live.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
I have two beautiful little Granddaughters in Colorado. They're not exactly tourist attractions. But, they are why I like visit Colorado often. Oh, they have beautiful mountains too. Not exactly the Serria Nevada. But, they'll do.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Colorado and have traveled extensively through the state. It's a pretty amazing place.

There's really no place like it. It's got a community for everyone.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
Where do you live, Sam?
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't live there (yet) but do have a brother and his family that live outside Denver. And lord-willing will eventually move out there once I completely give up trying to permanantly settle down in LA [Smile]

so my experience with the state has been entirely positive.

heck, even when I got pulled over for speeding the cop took pity on me, the poor college student moving across country, and let me off with a warning [Smile]

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

Cops, and people in general, are nicer here. I used to live out there in LA and I never want to go back.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to visit Colorado but I'm never gonna live anywhere but L.A. But that's why it takes all kinds. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Colorado. Born and raised. I've spent some time in other places and I never want to live anywhere but here. [Smile]
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.