FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lost Season 4 thread - Spoilers Welcome (Page 1)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Lost Season 4 thread - Spoilers Welcome
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, it's that time again. And for those who don't mind slight spoilers, here are some sneak peeks at the first ep: Linky.

"Come with me if you want to live." Heh.

[ February 01, 2008, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished disk 5 of Season 3, and Netflix says disk 6 is shipping today, so I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow and I can finish up the season before Season 4 launches! I didn't look at the link, but it's the 31st, right?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes sir, the 31st.

Probably going to be the best 8 episode television season in history.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished all of season 3 in what was a really unhealthy amount of time. I can't wait for 4!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
The videos in your linky won't work for me. I wonder why?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

they all worked fine on my end. Got me pretty excited for the episode. I think it might be a Hurley flashback.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
The links worked for me. *jumps up and down* I can't wait.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched season 3 in 2 days. I watched 29 episodes in 37 hours. (and 8 of those episodes were ones I had already watched).
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm super duper excited though.

SPOILERS over season 3.
-
-
-
- I think Naomi is a bad guy, and the Others are the good guys.
- I think Ben is the man in the coffin.

SPOILERS OVER

But yeah- I'm so freaking psyched!

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hume
Member # 11457

- posted      Profile for Hume           Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILER ALERT

I'm excited to see in what fashion they bring the hobbit back. In the previews it didn't look like it was a flashback or on the island, so that leaves flash-forward and crazy dream sequence.

END SPOILER

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

LOST stands for L-something O-something String Theory.

The island is probably the closest place inbetween the separate, looping, and slightly different, dimensions.

The Hobbit probably had something to do with the underwater station in another dimension, the creator was a musician.. The code song was 'Good Vibrations'
String theory is based on the idea that there are tiny tiny little strings of existence that make up the universe, but they are vibrating, and each arch of those strings represents a separate dimension. - Good Vibrations, get it?

Locke probably made the station with the chess game.. Hugo probably made the Swan, cause he's the ugly duckling, and it had his numbers button..

Desmond isn't seeing the future, he's seeing the outcomes that have happened in the other dimensions.. no one can see the future, that's silly..

Jack and Kate probably left the island into a dimension that wasn't their original one. In this one, Jacks dad is alive still (I know the other argument.. I think they are trying to full us though) - And Kate's old love interest, connected to the old toy plane, is alive in this dimension as well. That's why she doesn't want to go back.

Ben is in the coffin. no doubt.
I have explanations if you desire..

'Jacob' is either Jack, Locke, or Jack's father..
the reason you can only see him for a glimpse is because Jacob is too connected to the island and is split between all the different dimensions.

The two dead people they found in the cave are probably Jack and Kate.. maybe it's Locke and someone else though (remember how Jack pulled the black and white stones off that one corpse?)

Charlie will be back.
But it will be a different Charlie.

Hugo's dead lady friend will be back too. She obviously has more connections to this island than she should.

Eyepatch will be back.
Black lady will be back.
They have been on the island so long they probably have amazing healing abilities or something..
They seem to have motives they are hiding from Ben.

Claire's baby will probably get separated from her, and he'll start to become the monster we heard about. That or we'll have two very different Claire babies in existence..

Expect things to get weird.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

-Pepek

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting theories, I hadn't really put that much thought into it, but it does make a lot of sense.

What are everyone's feelings on Charlie? I've never really liked his character, and was rather glad when he left.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Charlie. How can you not like cute lil Charlie?

*grumbles* someone doesn't like my lil hobbit.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

***SPOILERS***

He always seemed like an irrational jerk to everyone. The peak of my disgust of him was when he assaulted Sun and helped Sawyer steal everything, just because of a dispute between him and Locke (Which was caused by Locke thwarting Charlie's attempts to take Claire's baby and irrational thoughts that Locke was trying to "steal" Claire from him). I had no respect for his character after that.

***SPOILERS***

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

I just finished watching Season 3.

quote:
Originally posted by Pepek:

Too late. They already have. I have enjoyed Lost up to this point (even during the much-maligned Season 2) but now I'm just annoyed. If I'd watched that season finale when it aired I doubt I'd be tuning in to Season 4 next week; the enthusiasm and curiosity would have died by now. However, I've got a certain momentum going now so I'll see what's up and if they can hook me back in.

But if this series ends in any sort of satisfying way I have to say I'll be surprised. Hope I'm wrong because it's been a great ride up till now.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Things got weird a third of the way in to the first season.

Does J. J. Abrams do anything that's NOT "weird"? That's the only reason I fear Star Trek in his hands; ST is not supposed to be weird! I'm hoping he's enough of a trekkie fanboy to respect that.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Actually, what went on last season has me way more interested in seeing this season than what happened in the season before that had me interested in seeing last season.

If that makes any sense.

We learned a lot last season. I'm really looking forward to this. Right now, I'm in the middle of rewatching last season's finale, so that it's fresh in my mind.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
That's the only reason I fear Star Trek in his hands; ST is not supposed to be weird!

It's not like Star Trek ever featured little furry orbs that are "born pregnant", a bipedal sentient tyrannosaurus, a maternal slug that looks like burnt cheese and eats rocks, several dozen random alien worlds that contain an almost exact duplicate of an earlier Earthling culture, a giant screaming barrel that wants to talk to whales, telepathic outer space jellyfish, countless omnipotent races defeated by tricks a five year old could see through, and green-skinned alien strippers or anything! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Okay. I just rewatched the finale, just so that it'd be fresh in my mind. I don't buy everything in this post, but I can see how they may have gone back to a parallel universe that isn't the same as the one they came from. I mean, Jack seemed pretty clear that his father was alive, and we know that he died in the world Jack came from.

quote:
LOST stands for L-something O-something String Theory.

I don't get this. "Lost" isn't a word used in the show. It's just the name of the show.

quote:
The island is probably the closest place inbetween the separate, looping, and slightly different, dimensions.

The Hobbit probably had something to do with the underwater station in another dimension, the creator was a musician.. The code song was 'Good Vibrations'

Not sure why parallel Charlie would have used that, as opposed to You All, Everybody. But yeah, the way Bonnie said that it was programmed by a musician did seem to be significant. Maybe it was a parallel Charlie.

quote:
String theory is based on the idea that there are tiny tiny little strings of existence that make up the universe, but they are vibrating, and each arch of those strings represents a separate dimension. - Good Vibrations, get it?

Eh. You don't need string theory for that. I mean, DC comics had their multiverse separated by vibrational frequency up until 1986.

quote:
Locke probably made the station with the chess game.. Hugo probably made the Swan, cause he's the ugly duckling, and it had his numbers button..

Desmond isn't seeing the future, he's seeing the outcomes that have happened in the other dimensions.. no one can see the future, that's silly..

That's silly, but seeing other dimensions isn't? Still, you may have a point. The question would be, why is he seeing them?

quote:
Jack and Kate probably left the island into a dimension that wasn't their original one. In this one, Jacks dad is alive still (I know the other argument.. I think they are trying to full us though) - And Kate's old love interest, connected to the old toy plane, is alive in this dimension as well. That's why she doesn't want to go back.

Ben is in the coffin. no doubt.
I have explanations if you desire..

I wouldn't mind hearing your reasoning. The guy in the coffin had a last name like Latham. I checked again tonight. It certainly ended with "atham". Ben's last name was Linus. I wouldn't be surprised, however, to find that the guy in the coffin is Kate's father. The one she killed in her original universe.

quote:

Why Jack's father? Where do you get Jacob from Christian? I suspect Jacob is someone we haven't met yet.

quote:
The two dead people they found in the cave are probably Jack and Kate.. maybe it's Locke and someone else though (remember how Jack pulled the black and white stones off that one corpse?)

What would black and white stones mean? It'd be really interesting if those were Jack and Kate, but why?

quote:
Charlie will be back.
But it will be a different Charlie.

You think it'll be the one who set the code?

quote:
Hugo's dead lady friend will be back too. She obviously has more connections to this island than she should.

Eyepatch will be back.
Black lady will be back.
They have been on the island so long they probably have amazing healing abilities or something..

If by "black lady" you mean Naomi, she wasn't on the island for very long at all. And if Mikhail had amazing healing abilities, why didn't his eye regenerate. I think you're off on this one.

quote:

Because they've been completely Brady Bunch up until now. Heh.
MEC
Member # 2968

I think by black lady he meant Klugh.
Strider
Member # 1807

quote:
the reason you can only see him for a glimpse is because Jacob is too connected to the island and is split between all the different dimensions.

Not only do I disagree, but I don't even think Jacob is an actual person. I wrote up in last season's thread my thoughts on Jacob, i'll try to find them and repost.

quote:
So the island has this weird electro-magnetic thing going right? And the shack that Ben takes Locke to was surrounded by some sort of sand or dirt or whatever that was(edit-apparently it's volcanic ash), which acts as some sort of barrier/protection which the power can't pass through. And Ben tells Locke that Jacob hates technology so there is nothing that produces any power(edit-in or around the shack). I think Ben has somehow captured part of the island, some of its essence. And that's why things start to go crazy when Locke flips on the flashlight. Jacob(or whatever) feeds off the energy from the flashlight and is able to use some of his(the island's power). That's why he says help me(edit-because Ben has captured him). At the beginning of all the shaking, before the image of a person is in the chair you see the chair empty rocking slightly. If you look closely there's black smoke in the chair, rocking with it.
I think the fact that we see black smoke in the chair *before* it manifests itself as a person is important and would indicate that Jacob is not a real person but the island manifested.

I don't know how likely it is that Ben was the man in the coffin. The odds of him leaving the island willingly are 0. But, *if* he was somehow forced to leave the island I can see him killing himself(the newspaper article seemed to indicate it was suicide) and it would fit with what Jack said about him being neither friend nor family and how Kate reacts about going to the funeral...and why no one came.

I loved Charlie and I was really sad to see him die. I actually yelled at the tv screen when he didn't even try to swim out of room after Michael blew open the window.

I'm not sure about all this alternative dimension talk, but time is obviously a very important aspect of the show. The torture room has that backwards dialog that repeats "only fools are enslaved by time and space". The man guarding room 23 was reading A Brief History of Time. Walt spoke backwards to Shannon. There may be another backwards dialog part but i'm not remembering now. Richard hasn't seemed to age at all in like 30 years. And Desmond is now able to see outside of time. This is all off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more too.

Strider
Member # 1807

Lost tonight!

This thing is pretty funny(and informative!):

Lost Season 1-3 recap in 8:15

Lisa
Member # 8384

"Mr. Friendly throws like a girl." <snicker>
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I have always thought Desmond was hot, but now that I am reading the Outlander series, oh my heavens, not sure if I will sleep tonight.

And I am thinking Sawyer would make a great Jamie Fraser.

If he could have Des's accent...

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

No spoilers, but I thought Season 4's opener was a very strong episode. Certainly more satisfying than Season 2 or Season 3's openers.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that this season will be an abbreviated one.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Any theories on who the oceanic six are?

We know that it's at least Jake, Kate, and Hurley.
I suspect Micheal is one as well.

I'm also questioning weather anyone else is still alive in the future, since they haven't really confirmed this yet.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Spoilers!

...I'm thinking that there are still some survivors on the Island. Otherwise who is Charlie asking Hurley to help?

Edit: Also, the new "Find815.com" viral site doesn't seem to be working for me. [Frown]

stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERS!

I'm liking the alternate dimension theory. If the island is a wormhole and they broke through to another world or dimension, that would explain the crashed plane and the claims they were all dead. What if they are rescued by people from a different dimension and when they get back things are different? Jack's dad isn't dead, Kate isn't wanted for murder, etc? And they left people on the island. And the six that got back aren't supposed to be in that world? Great stuff.

I agree, tonight's episode was very good. Answered some stuff, raised more questions.

And I'm thinking it was Michael in the coffin. Not Ben.

Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

*SPOILERS*

quote:
I'm also questioning weather anyone else is still alive in the future, since they haven't really confirmed this yet.
by anyone else you mean excluding the Oceanic 6?

I think it's pretty obvious there are people alive. Charlie seemed to imply it strongly. But last season's finale also hinted at it strongly. Why would Jack be a wreck and trying his hardest to get back to the island if everyone else was dead or off? Obviously some crazy stuff happens between now and them getting off the island, i'm sure some people die, and some people stay(and are probably in bad conditions) and Jack blames himself as well as has savior complex. So it makes sense that he wants to go back to make things right.

I loved the episode. I love the twist that was thrown at us with Hurley saying "i should have stayed with you". We know the people coming aren't with Penny. We know they're not there to rescue the Losties. And we know some real messed up stuff happens. We know that to a certain degree Jack is wrong and Locke was right. So what happened to flip that around?

edit - Lisa, can you put a spoiler warning in the title so we can talk freely?

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by MEC:

Except that the Oceanic Six would be the ones the media covered. Michael isn't likely to have been one of those.

Maybe whoever was in that coffin?

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by stihl1:
And I'm thinking it was Michael in the coffin. Not Ben.

I'm not sure. The way the guy at the funeral asked Jack if he was a friend or family implied (didn't prove, but implied) that the dead guy was white.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
edit - Lisa, can you put a spoiler warning in the title so we can talk freely?

Done.
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Lord, I haven't seen any of this, and boy am I lost... (sorry about that).

Seriously though, thanks for the link to the "series 1-3 in 8 minutes and 15 seconds", it has really sparked my interest to see the lot from scratch.

That and Heroes, My Name is Earl, Eureka, Battlestar Galactica and a wealth of other series which I can't face to watch dubbed into spanish on terrestrial TV... See you in 2020 [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I want someone to make a BSG thing like that 8:15 Lost one.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Did anyone watch the next show (Eli Stone) which was supposed to have a "commercial" from Oceanic Airlines? Was there anything of interest in that?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
Did anyone watch the next show (Eli Stone) which was supposed to have a "commercial" from Oceanic Airlines? Was there anything of interest in that?

Two new viral websites for (I guess) a new ARG.
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
I think it's pretty obvious there are people alive. Charlie seemed to imply it strongly. But last season's finale also hinted at it strongly. Why would Jack be a wreck and trying his hardest to get back to the island if everyone else was dead or off? Obviously some crazy stuff happens between now and them getting off the island, i'm sure some people die, and some people stay(and are probably in bad conditions) and Jack blames himself as well as has savior complex. So it makes sense that he wants to go back to make things right.
That's assuming that this "Charlie" isn't just a figment of hurley's mind or a manifestation of the island trying to get Hurley back to the island.
quote:

quote:

Except that the Oceanic Six would be the ones the media covered. Michael isn't likely to have been one of those.
I'm thinking that Michael may not be off the island yet, and if he does reprise his role this season, it'll be either on the island in the present or off in the future.
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
Did they ever explain the deal with the stewardess? How was she both on the plane and an Other?
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

oh, i forgot to say...

I can't believe Jack pulled that trigger!!! What's happened to him?

Also...did I miss a scene where all the Charlie and not Penny's boat stuff was explained to Jack and Kate? It seemed like they showed up, Jack and Locke fought, and then Hurley gave his speech, with no exposition.

quote:
Did they ever explain the deal with the stewardess. How was she both on the plane and an Other?
She's not exactly an Other. She was one of the Losties taken at the beginning of the first season, along with the chldren by The Others. We thought they were dead for a while, but it turns out they've been living with The Others. We don't really know much more than that though.
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
Also...did I miss a scene where all the Charlie and not Penny's boat stuff was explained to Jack and Kate? It seemed like they showed up, Jack and Locke fought, and then Hurley gave his speech, with no exposition.
I thought the exact same thing.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
That's assuming that this "Charlie" isn't just a figment of hurley's mind or a manifestation of the island trying to get Hurley back to the island.

Another patient at the mental hospital saw Charlie--"That guy is staring at you."
Not exactly iron-clad proof of Charlie's existence outside of Hurley's mind, but let's not slip into solipsism so soon. My guess would be he's an echo or manifestation of Charlie mediated by the island's spooky powers, but not solely the island.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Or maybe the dude who warned Hurley is ALSO all in Hurley's mind! Maybe the entire show is just a figment of Hurley's imagination! [Smile]
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Didn't they already do that episode? [Wink]
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, maybe we're ALL in Hurley's mind!
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Actually, Buffy is imagining us watching Lost while she's in the asylum.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Man, I hated that ending!

Almost as bad as that comic book series about a boy whose parents were gunned down before his eyes when he was 10, then forever afterwards hallucinated he was a costumed vigilante beating criminals up!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the people who rescued them were from a world in a different dimension, and the survivors are unhappy because they are out of synch with the world. Maybe the island is the wormhole, or more like a home base.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't like Jack. I'm rooting against him now.
Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Spoiler!!!!!!!

I just saw a sneak preview of the season finale. Everyone dies.

Spoiler over!!!

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Did rocks fall on them?
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.