FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lost Season 4 thread - Spoilers Welcome (Page 3)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Lost Season 4 thread - Spoilers Welcome
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
The psych patient is crazy. He could have seen George Washington staring at Hurley. He tells Hurley a guy is staring at him, and suddenly crazy Hurley thinks Charlie is there.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
What? Sayid!
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Could "The Economist" be Penny's dad?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I could watch a show about Sayid off the island. Just Sayid. Damn, but he's amazing.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean, Lisa. In a lot of ways one of the most fascinating characters on the show. And did I mention beautiful?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
And they also revealed Ben, to which one wonders if Ben still goes to and fro the island.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh Sayid, Why don't we have any drooling emoticons.

[Evil]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't say I am as infatuated with Sayid as some of you, but damn that reveal was CRAZY.
Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
My hubby pegged the reveal just before.

Ben is the root of everyone's problems. If he hadn't been around from the start it would have been "Hey, plane crash huh? We have a sub. Let's get you all back home. [THE END]"

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious as to what incident Ben referred to when he mentioned what happened the last time Sayid followed his heart and not his gun.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
Ben is the root of everyone's problems. If he hadn't been around from the start it would have been "Hey, plane crash huh? We have a sub. Let's get you all back home. [THE END]"
And I'm guessing that would be the Dharma Initiative saying that?

quote:
My hubby pegged the reveal just before.
The Ben reveal or the Sayid reveal?

I thought the Ben reveal would be the most obvious conclusion without introducing any new characters/questions.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I was disappointed with the Ben "reveal."

So, who do you think "the economist" is? I think Penny's dad, as I said above. Or rather, as I asked above.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet episode. The biggest reveal is the time discrepancy in the arrival of the rocket! This is the first hint that time doesn't flow the same on the island--but that communications can still occur between the two time periods. WEIRD.

If time moves slower on the island, than maybe we'll be seeing a grown Walt back in the show?

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I calculated a discrepancy of 31 minutes 20 seconds.

I wonder when the discrepancy started -- when the rocket was launched or when the helicopter entered the island.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
I speculate that the time discrepancy is linked in some way to the Hatch and the pressing of the button - a mystery that hasn't been mentioned in a while.
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
This was the best episode in a while.
There was Hurley's betrayal: Dude, what happened? You used to be cool.

The Sayid/Ben reveal. Never trust a torturer.

And the jet-lagged rocket. That was spookier than Jacob, to me. How could communications be in real-time while trajectories (or their relative POVs) get a 1/2 hour delay?? Very weird.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, according to Lostpedia, the scene with Sayid and Ben (and ancillary scenes) is a flash-forward, after rescue, not a flash-back. Not sure what they base that on.

edit: Sayid says he's one of the Oceanic 6. I missed that part.
2nd edit: I missed the 1st 15 minutes. Now I have to bittorrent it to keep up. [Frown]

[ February 16, 2008, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I think even if he hadn't said he was one of the Oceanic 6, it should've been obvious. It really wouldn't have made sense as a flashback with Sayid's history. He also talks about not working because he's living off a large settlement. Him and the woman also talk about the crash towards the end of the episode.

The jet lagged rocket was awesome.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I could watch a show starring just Sayid too. He is one of the best characters. Naveen Andrews really does a great job of playing the tragic man.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Morbo:
And the jet-lagged rocket. That was spookier than Jacob, to me. How could communications be in real-time while trajectories (or their relative POVs) get a 1/2 hour delay?? Very weird.

That's why they have to adjust the phones just right. They talk through time. The TimeLoop thing is getting a little more feasible, though I still think it's a bit whacked out.

Incidentally, they were originally going to have it be off by 31 seconds, rather than 31 minutes.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like time travel. There are way too many physical requirements for it to be used. Magic beans are great when it comes to having intelligent black clouds and exceptional electromagnetic strength because there can still be reasonable explanations for either one within the context of the story. If the island ends up being in a vile vortex I will be disappointed because that's a cop out. Where's the imagination in that old chestnut?

I doubt the show would sink that low because even in it's worst times, Lost has had some wierd things that were still original.

After my prediction about which of the Oceanic Six would be revealed next blew up in my face, I am reluctant to even speculate. But I can still complain. [Smile]

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I say the other two members of the Oceanic 6 are Sun and Jin.
kojabu
Member # 8042

I was thinking maybe Claire and Sawyer. Sawyer simply because he doesn't want to leave and perhaps was somehow forced to.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Also, I want a Sawyer show. He is my favorite. Well, he and Desmond are my favorites.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I'm guessing that the other 2 of the 6 and Sawyer and Locke.

I think Locke was the guy in the coffin.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I don't. I think they would have been sadder if it was Locke.
And I wonder if whoever it was was really even dead. Can;t trust anything anymore on that blasted show, even a death.

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
Ahhh Sayid, Why don't we have any drooling emoticons.

[Evil]

I can't find anything attractive in Naveen Andrews. I saw him in a crazy movie, Kama Sutra:A Tale of Love. He was a big buffoon in that movie.

What's up with Jacob's cabin being gone?

Darn Hurley, I thought he was acting a little goofy, but then again, when does he not?

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Here's the problem. I can tell you who the featured characters are in the next five episodes. If you're willing to be spoiled on that point, look here, at the end of the recap. Don't scroll all the way down to the comments section, because the people who comment on AICN are, for the most part, disgusting and foul, and there's at the very least going to be a major language advisory for that.

The problem is, only one of the people in question is someone we already know is one of the Oceanic Six. Of the others, only two of them can be, at the very most, right? And you can narrow it down more by excluding the ones who weren't on the plane. But that still doesn't tell you who the remaining two members are. Not for sure.

Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Without looking at Lisa's spoilers, here are a few of my thoughts ...

1. The fact that Kate isn't in jail in the last season finale might indicate that she is NOT one of the Oceanic Six. The Oceanic Six are famous. Hard to imagine her beating a murder rap if she is known to have survived.

2. Could the time discrepancy on the island somehow be responsible for Charlotte discovering a Dharma symbol at what seemed to be an archaeological dig?

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
I can tell you who the featured characters are in the next five episodes. If you're willing to be spoiled on that point, look here, at the end of the recap.
Given the history of this show, there is no reason to believe that they will reveal the identity of the other 2 (or three) of the Oceanic 6 in the next 5 episodes or even this season. In fact, it seems more likely that they won't reveal anything else of significance for the rest of season.
Lisa
Member # 8384

On the other hand, the last season finale seems to imply that Jack's father is alive. So other things might be different as well, including Kate not being a fugitive.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
quote:
I can tell you who the featured characters are in the next five episodes. If you're willing to be spoiled on that point, look here, at the end of the recap.
Given the history of this show, there is no reason to believe that they will reveal the identity of the other 2 (or three) of the Oceanic 6 in the next 5 episodes or even this season. In fact, it seems more likely that they won't reveal anything else of significance for the rest of season.
I'm not sure what you mean by "the history of this show". For one thing, they have a deadline now, and are moving a lot faster towards reveals. For another thing, if all of the next five episodes are flashforwards, then it pretty much does mean that they'll be revealing the Oceanic Six in them.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

The show has a history of revealing bits and pieces that raise as many questions as they answer. So far this year they are sticking to that format. I suspect that there will be more reveals this season for the reasons you state, in fact there already have been more reveals. That doesn't mean they will reveal the answer to the biggest question they've posed -- who are the Oceanic 6. In fact so far each of this seasons reveals has raised more questions than they have answered.
The Reader
Member # 3636

The teaser at the end of last week's episode mentioned the reveal another member of the Oceanic Six, I think.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Since I've been watching on line, I didn't see the teaser.
Lisa
Member # 8384

The teaser did, but it's one we already know, I think. I mean, no one has ever stated that Jack and Kate are members of the Oceanic Six. We know they got off the island, and Jack is referred to as a "hero", so it stands to reason, but as a matter of cold hard fact, only two people have been labeled that way so far. Sayid and Hurley.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Jack also mentions the Golden Pass that they were given when he talked to Kate at the end of S3. I can't remember if he said anything to Hurley that may have indicated he's one of the Oceanic Six.
The Reader
Member # 3636

You're right, Lisa. I think I saw Kate in that teaser.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the way Daniel is described in the link that Lisa posted above.
quote:
Daniel (the twitchy fellow we met at the end of last episode)
He was twitchy, was he not?
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I just realized where I know the actor that plays Daniel from! He was Upham(i had to look up the spelling on this one) in Saving Private Ryan.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
He was also in Rescue Dawn.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Puppy:
Without looking at Lisa's spoilers, here are a few of my thoughts ...

1. The fact that Kate isn't in jail in the last season finale might indicate that she is NOT one of the Oceanic Six. The Oceanic Six are famous. Hard to imagine her beating a murder rap if she is known to have survived.

I can think of at least 2 ways that Kate may have beaten the murder rap.

1) She exchanges identities with someone who died in the crash or on the island. This could even be part of what Jack doesn't want Hurly to "tell".

or the more straight forward route.

2) The key witness in the case (Kate's mother) and the FBI agent who headed up the hunt for her are both dead. Without a witness they may simply not have enough evidence to build a case against her. With the key investigator also gone its entirely possible that they might just drop the case.

The Reader
Member # 3636

Or she was rescued using a stolen identity, only to have her real identity discovered later. This might be part of the subject of the next episode. The teaser hints at something like that. But teasers aren't reliable.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't see that one coming.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
So what happened to...oh, man. And she's one of my favorite characters. [Frown]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I saw that coming as soon as her "son" was mentioned.

Did it seem like Aaron is aging faster to anyone else?

Strider
Member # 1807

same here MEC, and i was positive during the scene with Claire and Kate and Aaron.

i enjoyed tonight's episode, but not a lot happened at all. we spent an hour and all we got was the Aaron thing, a semi-cool conversation between Ben and the Asian dude, and a bit more about the story that they tell the rest of the world. I was hoping for a bit more. The preview for next week looks pretty awesome.

Also, in regards to the story, I'm wondering why it involves 8 people originally surviving but two of them dying. How purposeful is that? In that is that the story to explain away two extra bodies?

And why was Kate designated the hero? Was it in preparation for what would be her coming back to face a murder rap and trying to use that to make her a hero, or is there another reason?

MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Strider: I had the same thought about the story of 8 survivors. It makes me think we'll see two dead people pretty soon.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
I saw that coming as soon as her "son" was mentioned.

Did it seem like Aaron is aging faster to anyone else?

We don't know how long they've been back.

When they said she had a son, we were torn between it being Sawyer's (explaining why Jack doesn't want to see him, which is hard to understand now) and the scumbag father she killed (which would add a reason to why she killed him). Aaron was a shock.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
How would they explain the fact that Aaron was Kate's child? Clair was almost full term when they crashed on the island and I would expect that any reports that the marshal had filed before he took Kate out of Australia would note if she had been pregnant. The time anomaly again?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.