FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Piano lessons and keyboard help NEW UPDATE (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Piano lessons and keyboard help NEW UPDATE
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
He sounds like I was when I began learning flute. (no band camp comments please [Smile] )I have always loved music, and still do to this day.

I bought a guitar when I was promoted, but I never got around to learning to play it. I just got the name of a good teacher who charges a reasonable rate..he used to play for the group Sheriff in the 80's...so I may be starting to learn to play fairly soon.

If he loves it, it will never feel like work, and he will always excel at it, at least as far as his talent can carry him.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope he stays excited. Playing piano is a lifetime blessing. Getting a piano was a major first priority when my son started his own home. Right now, my piano is at "the other house". I am left with just an organ here at the cabin. It just doesn't feel like home without the piano. Hooray for piano lessons. Hooray for young boys who LOVE IT. The world is a better place.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle: Glad to hear your son is off to such a good start. Eventually it will start to get tedious especially when he hits the first song he is assigned to learn that he does not particularly care for, or else he starts using Hanon. Man I don't have fond memories of Hanon.

Kwea: Apologies! I moved fairly recently and sold whatever I could in the house, and threw out the rest. I no longer have the spare keyboard [Frown]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.