FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jada Pinkett Smith In a Metal Band?

Author Topic: Jada Pinkett Smith In a Metal Band?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm... it's true. Apparently, they played at OzzFest a few years ago. I guess they aren't that popular. And you don't hear Mr. Smith talking about it much.

I listened to a couple of the songs on iTunes. It's pretty average to slightly above average nu-metal. She's got decent pipes.

They've only released one album. Their debut album is entitled Yesterday Don't Mean.

*shrugs* Who would have guessed?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't know this?
I found this out back in 2006.
A black woman singing heavy metal!
IT'S SO COOL!

She cusses a bit too unlike her husband.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
That goes to show that metal is for everyone. Much like gravity.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Only less fun.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Only less fun.

Hehe.

So yeah..very interesting.

That "Bleed All Over Me" video creeped me out just a tad.

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of ironic that it'd have so much bad language considering the lyrical fight Will Smith had with Eminem awhile back over swearing in songs. If either of the Smiths were to give up acting to go to music, I'd rather it be Will. Much as I love his movies, and I always look forward to them, I also really liked his music. He was fun, his lyrics were clean, and there was always something more easy going about his rap than probably anything else I've heard in the genre.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.