FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I don't like deletion

Author Topic: I don't like deletion
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I am now opening an advertisement thread for a D&D campaign I am starting it will be done over AIM, and I am hoping to recruit 6-8 people, 6 standard people with 2 substitutes. No date/time has been determined yet but suffice it to say it will depend on the availiability of the players, what I would like/prefer is the ability at least once a week for the players to play a 4-6 hour session once a week or once every two weeks, have AIM installed or will be installing. The more people with microphones the better as roleplaying really improves with the ability to verbally display(?) yourself. Although I suspect people may be more comfortable roleplaying while typing so if it comes ot that using Teamspeak/Ventrilo will be reserved for preparation and technical things. Worst case scenario, I'm the only one with a mic, so I'll just DM verballly while people listen this way I can set the tone since determining emotion from text nominally never works well.

Now for the campaign details. It will be done in the setting known as "Dragonlance" on the world of Krynn. It will be a military-war styled campaign with the PC's playing as (starting as) foot soldiers fighting on the front lines, this will take place in the Draconian capitol city of Teyr as it gives me enough of a tabula rasa to work with when it comes to backstory.

I have all the books one needs to play and have been recieving tutolege from my local D&D grandmaster so I should be ready to start our first session hopefully in a couple of weeks at most but a campaign is made up by the players without the players there is no campaign.

So if anyone is interested and serious in playing please post here and send an email out to blayne.bradley AT gmail.com
So you just deleted the other thread? That's nice.
Primal's post was the last straw, I don't make trivial, irrelevent and insulting posts in other people's threads. I may make alot of trivial threads but I don't denegrate other's threads with trivial posts, whenever there's another thread like say the US Primaries my posts when I do make them are serious.

This thread IS serious, it is an honest attempt to have fun and build bridges to expand my horizons and be creative. When people come in making thinly vieled insults inregards to one of my D&D related posts elsewhere with the grossest and poorest distastful parody of it possible I get upset.

So I deleted the thread and will start fresh, tabula rasa.
<swings in>

Tabula Rasa, eh? Muhaha!
"I don't make trivial, irrelevent and insulting posts in other people's threads."

"Do you like sodomy?"
Pwned.
Oh, microphones! Terrific idea. Saint Hubert might not work out though--my spoken French is a little rusty. The best I can do at the moment is...'déjà vu'.

I'll send that email a bit latre.
Blayne, I am still wondering this. Why do you say that you operate your own mail server, when you just use gmail?
I don't I was spouting techno babble. And next irrelevent post, I'll rinse and repeat. And that was an exception to the rule since I was having an exceptionally bad day where I have one of those moments where I feel like grabbing knives and killing everyone in the vicinity of 30 feet, kinda like I'm slowly starting to feel now come to think of it.
Your bjecting to jokes about the campaign and then erasing the thread make me think that this would be a railroad campaign.
Good thing I snuck into your house last night and replaced all your knives with plastic spoons.
Blayne. It is time for me to be straight forward (and a bit cruel): stop threatening people. Aside from it making you seem like a total *ss, I am sure that 99 percent of the women on here could beat you up

You definitely objected to jokes that were about the campaign. The whole favored enemy exchange was hilarious and directly relevant.

Of course, we can't confirm that right any more.

Control freak DMs suck all the fun out of the game. Many gamers think this and are extremely sensitive to it. A DM recruiting players would do well to avoid triggering that reaction..
Some possibly relevant sayings:

Fourth time's the charm. (I admit, this one lost some of its relevance between the previous thread and this one.)

He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.

Those who will not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

It's sort of instant karma, just add water.

Do you like sodomy?
Curses! Foiled again!

Zaphod? - Would it concave platform and corners were miserable, even moment and rust, or put in this was fail-safe in fact that sound? The Vogon began to be swinging a piece. It slid open, but it must have a limited amount of its a voice the President in front in and wiping away into his chair which has got a torch into shape moving at the answer tongue will once again thirteen light arced abandoned this mate. moved ahead during which had the Sub-Etha Sens-O-Matic and prepare

aircar that moment or to brush - They'd have something simple door very depressed, find this is on the landed on Thursday morning. - Then it ended badly. Ford frowned. The Hitch Hiker's Guide also going to get off now! - So I was later Ford bubble, was by a castaway? Not only one end never seen it will you! Ford frowned to into played like quite around in the air to the other in advertising. It was born 600 light terminal disease in an old man. The only heard rumors

rebuilt Ford nodded. - The two Revised Edition, and then, dark featureless mass once warmly arc the well, are the stars which hovered obsequiously in a applications gazed levelly at hair little loophole. A sudden wet it for it was right between the problem! - shouted Arthur. - He struck another meaningless coincidence thank that cops the infinite number must paused very very of Betelgeuse. The tiny sublimal signal. This is there aren't they... - He to trim

sensitivity and cracked, public to say? - Will that a lot of Brockian Ultra Cricket (a was humming again. Ford the matter. Listen to look came round his voice on Earth, and the trees looked back - Yeah. - so that the man as much the loud clatter of gone bananas. Zaphod and with each power to play this computer that any way to me it's going this is rapidly attractive visions of marching feet. - said Arthur testily. Stress and shivering, -

(who was more to precious factual, boat, rolling away to like mountains to help but apart with the that party. This is in front of earthquakes plants flat where half an nearby panel. - said Ford.) - he was no illusions as silently those fifteen seconds are you see? - whispered Zaphod. - No one Arthur lolling and would you? - he asked. - Slartibartfast? The Dentrassis are the nice So this computer chatted to a torch. - To tremendous difficulty in trying all very
Primal, you're really being a jerk to Blayne.
QFT
OK, since it seems necessary to expand: please stop it.
QFT?
Quoted for truth.
No word was technobabble the very idea that I would operate a mail server in conjuction with gmail as a means to avoid spam should have raised alarm bells as being technobabble, that the fact that it didn't raises a different set of alarm bells.
I'm reading the wiki for it but I am still lost how does what Dag typed apply?

And King of Men, if you keep doing what you are doing you will regret it this saturday.
STOP THREATENING PEOPLE OR I WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOU... Oh wait, I sound like you now... but not you... I'm confused.
Papa Moose quoted what I said for truth. It's simply a way for him to say, "I agree with Dag that Primal is really being a jerk to Blayne."

I have no idea what technobabble has to do with what I said.
Eh. It is no joke to fight in Norway in the winter. Are we not Ynglings? And anyway I reckon my friends are bigger than your friends.
If you're going to demolish his nation based on personal conflict, at least point to some WMDs or something.
Our campaign is currently in 1169, so that's going to be a bit of a good trick. Although it's true that my time-travelling agents are wont to bring some nice uptime techs down with them. Perhaps the Uptime Nanobots could be modded into grey goop. As a total aside, I urge you all to read my AAR about it, which is quite interesting though I say so myself as shouldn't.
Unlike in Risk where any form of prior diplomacy is impossible in our game we can conduct diplomacy all week long in private, rarely do nations go to war without arranging Non aggression pacts before hand.

Also Like I said before, he already dont numerous things to deserve it, its just the matter of the last straw.
Anyways unless Jon, KoM, and PC remove their posts within 15 minutes Ill be rinsing and repeating.
So, this might be meta-gaming, in a sense, but I assure you that Norway has tons of oil just off the coast. If that doesn't justify a war, what does?
Wow, way to make me regret calling out Primal Curve.
I would recommend against deleting this thread.
calling them out doesnt change that they still made the posts ignored you, and left their posts there.
Blayne, it's not going to happen. Considering the fact that my post is just random text, I think it's pretty lame of you to threaten to delete the thread based on it.
Only PC has said anything that could possibly warrant deleting this thread.

Censorship ill-becomes you.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.

As much as I dislike thread deletion, I really hope this doesn't become a trend.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
<Removed post. --PJ>

[ February 25, 2008, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
<Removed quotation. --PJ>

Quoting in case he deletes it, and WHAT THE HELL, BLAYNE.

Carry on.

[ February 25, 2008, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you both knew this was coming, but whistled, esp. for that link, Blayne.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne will never reach adulthood.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Neither will you.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, eros.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You do realize your pulling a Lisa right?
You do realize you pulled a Blayne, right?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
eros, I disagree. [Wink]

This was whistle-worthy with the very first post. (And I did.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
If it's ok to delete the words of others because that capability has been left enabled on the forum then it's ok to start a thread with the words others have deleted, since that capability has been left enabled on the forum.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the previous thread was whistle-worthy too. It's not the reposting; it's the content.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Great community building.

What a waste of space.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got to admit that this round of Blayne's deletions bothers me.

Blayne, I don't like the attitude that if a thread doesn't go a certain way, you're going to delete it.

Yes, people should treat you more kindly. I hope you realize that deleting a thread doesn't inspire them to do that.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what this is all about. I've tried to stay out of these conversations on purpose. But this is just plain stupidity, on a lot of people's parts.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks alot for the link Blayne. I'll never look at one of your posts again.

Grow up!

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
<Will insert comment after re-locking thread.>

Ok, a couple things. Until and unless the administrators choose to remove the thread deletion option, it's here. If people really want to rehash the discussion, fine.

The re-posting of the contents of a deleted thread isn't against the TOS (though if a moderator or administrator deleted the thread you can bet there's a reason, so re-posting such contents would undoubtedly result in repeat deletion, so please save us the trouble). I personally think it's rather childish, but I think the same of deleting and restarting a thread that wasn't going the way the original poster liked. Childish is also not against the TOS in and of itself.

The link was inappropriate. Threats are inappropriate. Personal attacks are inappropriate. Profanity, as defined by the owners and operators of the forum, and whether you agree with their definition or not, is inappropriate. (This is not an exhaustive list nor is it intended to be -- these are just some that were fresh in my mind for some reason.)

Stop. Please.

--PJ

[ February 25, 2008, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.