FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What powers do THEY have? (A 'Heroes' question)

Author Topic: What powers do THEY have? (A 'Heroes' question)
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I was never a fan of 'Heroes'. Not because I watched it and didn't like it, but just because I never started watching it.

But I have Netflix now, and I just watched the first two seasons over the last three weeks. And I really like it!

I remember there being several Heroes threads, but I never checked them out. So this question has probably been dealt with.

On the off-chance it hasn't, here goes:

What powers do you think Angela Petrelli and Kaito Nakamura have?

Discuss!

Or tell me that it's already been run into the ground.

Either way. [Smile]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim
Member # 2334

- posted      Profile for Slim   Email Slim         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Angela has the power to be completely ambiguous.
... or not. [Smile]

I'm not sure about Kaito. But I do know what his Kryptonite is ... Kaito is vulnerable to gravity.

Posts: 172 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Slim:
Kaito is vulnerable to gravity.

[ROFL]
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Pavement, too.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

According to Wikipedia (which means it could be completely wrong), the writers have said that we've seen Angela's powers...but performed by Peter, not her.

Could she have prophetic dreams?

It could be argued that Peter's dreams are a side-effect of Isaac Mendez's precog painting. But Isaac was never shown dreaming the future, nor was Sylar.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
She has weird tattoos show up for no apparent reason.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Angela does? Somehow I've never noticed that.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
According to Wikipedia (which means it could be completely wrong), the writers have said that we've seen Angela's powers...but performed by Peter, not her.

Could she have prophetic dreams?

It could be argued that Peter's dreams are a side-effect of Isaac Mendez's precog painting. But Isaac was never shown dreaming the future, nor was Sylar.

I always guessed that the visions had something to do with Charles Deveaux's powers, since he was the only one who actually seemed to be able to really interact with Peter in the dreams.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
I always guessed that the visions had something to do with Charles Deveaux's powers, since he was the only one who actually seemed to be able to really interact with Peter in the dreams.

Good point.

Assuming that was actually Charles in the dream, and not just Peter talking to himself. Or his powers talking to him.

It's also possible that Charles doesn't have powers. In the current group, both Suresh and Bennett don't have powers, so it's possible some members of the first group didn't either.

BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:

Good point.

Assuming that was actually Charles in the dream, and not just Peter talking to himself. Or his powers talking to him.

It's also possible that Charles doesn't have powers. In the current group, both Suresh and Bennett don't have powers, so it's possible some members of the first group didn't either.

It seems pretty clear to me that the "old" group is made up entirely of folks with powers, even if we don't know what they all are as yet.

Regarding Kaito's power, perhaps his is the ability to impart years of martial arts training in a matter of minutes? Seems to me the only plausible reason for the unreasonably fast uptake of his particular student prior to the showdown at the plaza.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:

Regarding Kaito's power, perhaps his is the ability to impart years of martial arts training in a matter of minutes? Seems to me the only plausible reason for the unreasonably fast uptake of his particular student prior to the showdown at the plaza.

I always assumed Hiro sped up time for them.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Who is Charles Deveaux again? One of the old group?

And when does the next season start?

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

I always assumed Hiro sped up time for them.
Don't you mean slow time down? [Razz]
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:
She has weird tattoos show up for no apparent reason.

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
Angela does? Somehow I've never noticed that.

I'm joking. Peter did in one of the episodes; one more annoying loose end that the writer apparently forgot about.

Although given that we never see Angela Patrelli in anything less than a power suit, it's certainly possible... I don't think it would put her in quite the same league as people who imprison others in nightmares or regenerate. [Smile]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by advice for robots:
Who is Charles Deveaux again? One of the old group?

The old guy that Peter was nursing at the start of the series.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Don't you mean slow time down? [Razz]

Nope. [Razz]

He sped up time for him and his father, thus making it pass more slowly for everyone else.

It's all relative, baby!

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't think it would put her in quite the same league as people who imprison others in nightmares or regenerate. [Smile]
Never underestimate the power of a tantalizing tattoo on a pretty woman.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.