FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Uwe Boll vows to destroy Indiana Jones.

Author Topic: Uwe Boll vows to destroy Indiana Jones.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
No, really.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
That guy sounds like a total jerk.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
He sounds delusional. Although, we've now all heard of his little horror movie, so maybe there's a method to his madness.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I've already forgotten about his movie. You lose, Uwe!
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
What can you expect from a guy whose name sounds like a fungal infection.

What's wrong with the skin on your knees? Oh, I've got Uwe Boll. The dark says I need to rub it with tar pitch twice a day or it will never go away.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

His film will be up against Indiana Jones IV -plus- Iron Man, Speed Racer, and Narnia 2.

Making statements like this is probably the only way he can drum up publicity. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Before this, I didn't even know he had a new film coming out.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Uwe Boll is the most fanatically delusional director since Ed Wood.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think he's delusional at all. I think he knows exactly how much he's lying at any given time.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Since he's no longer able to do this with the massive amounts of cash provided by former German tax shelter laws, part of me wants to believe he actually cares about and believes in this film. That it's a more personal, vital project that just -happens- to be based on a video game.

A very small, insane part of me.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
Yup. Before this, I didn't even know he had a new film coming out.

He's always got like six projects in the works, all based on video games.

Uwe Boll is the Antichrist.

...from the article:

quote:
My performance in Postal as 'Nazi Theme Park Owner' outperforms easily Ben Kingsley in Schindler's List!
Well, I gotta say, he's got character. It takes a lot to play that role and be proud of it.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
The only way Uwe Boll could destroy Indiana Jones is if they let him direct it.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Speed nails my reaction to the thread title precisely.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
I know someone who has worked with Uwe Boll, and he said that Boll is in fact totally delusional.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I don't think he's delusional at all. I think he knows exactly how much he's lying at any given time.

Watch the weird gleam in his eye as he rattles on about his movies. Observe his manner as he congratulates himself about how awesome his movies are. This is an actual quote from an 'interview' with the man after the release of one of his worst films (which could be pretty much any of them besides Postal.)

quote:

Q: There was a very nasty fan backlash surrounding the movie upon its release. How angry are you at the ignorance shown by these people who have no idea how hard it is to make a movie?

Uwe: I was angry because some "journalists" have no idea how complicated it is for example to make a MATRIX shot with 300 cameras. They tried to blame me for my perfect handling of complicated techniques.

The quote in question references some photography and film tricks that he spent tons of money on, but that turned out like crap since he decided on a hands-on approach over experienced cinematographers. The visuals of Boll help. You watch him grin with a tick and bat at his receding hairline sort of unnervingly. It reveals the psyche of a man who can't help but be genuine. I never thought he was genuine but quickly picked up on his authenticity when I read that he was 'happy that BloodRayne took part in the 1700' because it meant that the sequels could involve Nazis. (he hasn't gotten there yet but Bloodrayne 2 features a vampire Billy the Kid). I adore the slightly wonky forwardness in his pitches, like when he says that his movie will be — these are real — "like Braveheart Blade" or "feature hot sexy action" or when he reveals his baffling, adorable belief in his 'talent' for directing and acting.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Unhuh. Huh. Ha. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

You know, for some things, the "rolling on the floor laughing" emoticon just isn't sufficient.

Now, I must say- in Mr. Boll's defense- apparently in person, talking with audiences, he can actually be pretty charming. At least, that's what I recall reading on Ain't It Cool News.

But... Hoh! He thinks he's going to take on Spielburg! HEE HEE HEE! He couldn't even take on George Lucas on a bad day!

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I must say that he has at least made some movies. Can't say the same for myself. If a loser like him can direct movies that actually make it to the theater - based on other people's creations - then how can I get into the gig?

Anyone want to spare me a million dollars? I'll even bring in my own scripts.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I do have to say one thing: the trailer for Postal looks awkwardly entertaining. A shame YouTube pulled the video of the first three minutes, but I'm sure they're out there if I look hard enough.

If I didn't know that Uwe Boll was involved, there might be a glint of hope. But, seeing he *is* involved... well... the writing's on the wall there.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Occasional:
Well, I must say that he has at least made some movies.

The reason he was able to keep making so many high profile movies, despite most of them only making modest-to-dismal money was a now-defunct German tax shelter. If the films were bombs, his investors could just write it off.

He no longer has that safety net. So I'm betting he's a bit stressed beneath the hype.

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at the previews online, it looks so cheaply made... I mean, Troma-level cheaply made... It's hard to see how it could fail to turn a profit, if it actually makes it to more than a hundred theaters...
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He couldn't even take on George Lucas on a bad day!
Which, recalling some recent George Lucas catastrophes (*coughprequelscough*) that's bloody well saying something!
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We all know that Harrison Ford is older as my grandpa and his time is up - would Michael Moore say!
Well, I'm a bit intimidated. I mean, someone with such a stable grasp of the grammar of the English language will blow Indy clear out of the water.

[/sarcasm]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.