FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shakespeare's Sister

Author Topic: Shakespeare's Sister
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... I dug this one up on the request of some of my lesbian friends... WOW.

Super duper gothic and great. I'm impressed. I love the 80's.
Where is my black frock coat?? [Wink] Oh there it is... ahhh... I'm the dark prince again...

"Stay"

I like how it's kinda this spirital battle... the lover verses the demon/death for the life/soul of the man.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy heavens, that's the cheesiest thing I've seen in years. Pure gorgonzola. I mean, the tune was okay. But that video, my God. The mind boggles. To paraphrase a pretty good writer: "The mind attempts to define it as blue, or green, but fails."
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Why does the matter of your friends being lesbian important for the purposes of justifying looking for that music video?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
It does not matter, just a fun little factoid for the story. And apparently it is a favorite at the lesbian bars.
I'm a big 80's music nerd (goth/glam/industrial) and was surprized that I'd not heard of them.

Yes... very cheezy... but awesome! [Big Grin]

[ March 09, 2008, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Aha, so you only said it then to generate higher threat-ratings, sneaky sneaky.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
i didn't realize Telp was trying to rate threats. tell me, does "i'd like to kill you, just kidding!" place higher than "i wish you would meet with a horrible accident"?
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I meant *thread* but felt keeping it as threat was funnier.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Eh? I just thought it might be a pertinent point to mention where/who pointed me to the music. As most know I'm a gay boy and all that jazz is normal to me.

But if you were just being cute then cool. [Smile]

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
it's doubtful that he was being cute.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the song. Certainly a lot better than that video... I don't remember ever seeing it in the Lesbian Bars I went to back then =)

btw Telp, that was from 92, not the 80s.

I DO remember that song from the radio, though. I hadn't realized it'd been 16 years since their One Hit!

Suddenly I feel very very very old.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.