FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WALL-E: The third time is the charm!

Author Topic: WALL-E: The third time is the charm!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The earlier WALL-E trailers focused heavily on the earliest parts of the movie. The new full theatrical trailer hints at the true scope of the film. Among other things we see the li'l fella interact with EVE, and catch a glimpse of the obese human space colonists.

I love this trailer. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

- posted      Profile for cassv746   Email cassv746         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh. That's great. Is it June yet? [ROFL] So funny!
Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so looking forward to this.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
How cute! I can't wait!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I smiled.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
My goodness, it's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

It also looks like there'll be limited to really no conversation between the two main characters, and yet I don't see any lack of storytelling ability or emotion between them (oddly enough).

It looks hysterically adorable.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats amazing. I'm going to see this on opening night. There's no ifs ands or buts about it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay. Looks like another winner.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam_S
Member # 9695

- posted      Profile for Adam_S   Email Adam_S         Edit/Delete Post 
it's been a long time since we had a new Chaplin film. [Wink] I can't wait.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Trailer not working for me... WAAAAH!!!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I think Pixar movies can't get any prettier...
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_S:
it's been a long time since we had a new Chaplin film. [Wink]

Hee-hee-hee. It's true! I also detect a bit of Buster Keaton and (of course) R2D2.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
*Wipes drool from chin*

Wow, looks like I have a new favourite Pixar film - and there was me thinking The Incredibles was the best thing since sliced bread!

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
a good pixar trailer! I didn't think that was possible!
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
This one gets me the most excited. It really looks like a great movie.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim-Me:

I was thinking the same thing. The trailers for Finding Nemo, the Incredibles, Cars, and Ratatouille made me skeptical about whether the movies would actually turn out well.

Each time, the trailers lowered my expectations to the point that the sheer awesomeness of the actual movie blew me away and left me with a new favorite movie. I'm beginning to think the unimpressive trailers were designed that way.

If that's the case, the fact that this trailer looks somewhat good must mean that Pixar is really confident with this one. This may be the first time I watch a Pixar movie without some kind of prejudice against their idea for a storyline, so this is the real test of my devotion, I guess.

I can't wait to watch this one. I might even be able to drag my father to it (he sat out Ratatouille and Cars because the former looked like a plotline that just couldn't work and the latter looked too kiddy. He was surprised by both, even though the one movie he is not conservative about expressing adoration for is Finding Nemo).

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what trailer utterly failed? Meet the Robinsons. Nemo was pretty off as well.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Finding Nemo is my favorite of the previous Pixar films, so Andrew Stanton's return to the director's chair for Wall-E is very exciting. However, what might be even more exciting is that Thomas Newman, who scored Finding Nemo, is doing the music for Wall-E as well. Nemo's fantastic score is a huge part of why I love that movie, and I'm a big fan of his non-Pixar work as well. I can't wait to see what he does with Wall-E.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

This'll be Andrew Stanton's last fully-animated feature for some years. His next project is PIXAR's highly ambitious live action adaptation of the John Carter of Mars series! [Cool]
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
You know what trailer utterly failed? Meet the Robinsons. Nemo was pretty off as well.

Meet the Robinsons was light years better than the trailers made it out to be. I love Bowler Hat Guy. [Smile]
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally saw this trailer... he is adorable! Can't wait!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
This movie looks incredible. I love the part at the end with the shopping carts.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

quote:
Originally posted by C3PO the Dragon Slayer:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim-Me:

I was thinking the same thing. The trailers for Finding Nemo, the Incredibles, Cars, and Ratatouille made me skeptical about whether the movies would actually turn out well.

Each time, the trailers lowered my expectations to the point that the sheer awesomeness of the actual movie blew me away and left me with a new favorite movie. I'm beginning to think the unimpressive trailers were designed that way.

Though I don't think any of them were as deserving of shame as whatever hack created the trailer for The Iron Giant.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Which ended up being a great movie.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
Which ended up being a great movie.

Indeed. A great movie that underperformed at the box office- probably in part because of a trailer that suggested it was a predictable boy-against-the-world/childish wish-fulfillment fantasy, which isn't really the case.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I'm convinced at least part of the reason Treasure Planet was such a tremendous flop (despite being a fairly decent escapist entertainment flick) was because the trailers tried to make it look like a non-stop extreme sports simulation.
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Makes me wonder why Titan A.E. did badly. It wasn't the greatest movie of all time, but it's got some good stuff in it--and I remember the trailer vividly as being rather intense.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I saw Titan A.E. in the theaters. I think part of the reason why it did badly was the rather "throw everything against the wall and see what sticks" nature of the script.

Is it an action-oriented space opera? A coming of age epic? A romance?

Instead of naturally progressing from one to the other, I recall each shift in plot focus left me feeling jerked around and unsatisfied.

Human
Member # 2985

True. And the reliance on sci-fi cliche was a little heavy. But, for the time, the animation was pretty damn stunning, and you can sense some of the Joss Whedon influence in the script.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

They should have used that in the trailer!

"Sense the Whedon influence..."

Human
Member # 2985

Just finished watching the Wall-E trailer. Good grief, that's adorable. Opening day watching for me.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.