FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Knees bending in

Author Topic: Knees bending in
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm paranoid, but it seems like my knees, especially my right let, are bending inwards over time, kinda like the reverse of being bowlegged. I work with alot of elderly and I've seen some extreme cases of what this can lead up to. ick. Does anyone know of ways to reverse or prevent this? Leg braces perhaps? My friend's mom had to have surgery on her knees to fix this earlier in the year.... I'd like to avoid that if I can. But again, maybe I'm being paranoid.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe keep your legs strong by walking and maybe some Tai Chi? I think you're probably somewhat sensitized by your friend's mom's situation. Of course, I can't see your knees. A little flexion in any direction is a necessary thing.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter's knees have been like that since childhood (knock-kneed). There are exercises you can do to strengthen the muscles around the knee to help pull them back straight. Get with your local doctor or chiropractor to find which ones would work best for you.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool... thanks Farmgirl. [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
My legs are about 20 degrees out of whack that way. When I stand with my feet parallel, my knees point in. When I stand with my knees parallel, my feet point out. I asked a doctor a couple of decades ago if there was anything I could do about it, and he said that the painful surgery that'd be necessary was totally not worth it.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.