FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RaiaCon in France, Summer 2008! (dammit. Never mind.)

Author Topic: RaiaCon in France, Summer 2008! (dammit. Never mind.)
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Shani,
We received your recording. Thank you.
Profs. Added and Lewis thought, that even though
your professor said you had a big cold, your voice was excellent,
true and clear.
They would like to offer you the role of Ninetta in La Périchole (the last opening).
They think that your voice and the personality that shows in your singing make
you ideal for the part.
All of the female roles in La Vie Parisienne are cast.
The merit scholarships have been awarded but Prof. Added would like
to grant you 200€ from her personal fund.
Please let us know posthaste.
Gabrielle

--

June 9 - July 12, 2008! Come to Excideuil!

(Where is that?)

[Big Grin]

[ March 20, 2008, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
*cheers* [The Wave] [Party]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Persistence paid off! Way to go! [The Wave]

It's one of my dreams to go to France. Maybe I'll tune pianos there.

You should totally learn Périchole's part, too, so that when the lead gets sick, you can step in and show them what you're made of.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Wanna have a raiacon IN too?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, ok. Spring break is next week (not starting tomorrow, but the one after).

Thanks! [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
That's excellent! Congratulations!

Woo, and I am now close enough that that could be a possibility!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Excideuil

I'd love to meet you! And congratulations on getting the part! [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, ok. [Smile]

Thank you all! I'm so excited!

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great! How long does the production run? How long will you get to be in France?

If you get the chance, do some traveling around Europe while you're there. The plane ticket is the most expensive part (if you travel cheap, stay in hostels, etc).

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Shani.

Good work [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] [Hat] Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I've just checked and it would be pretty hard to get to where you will be by train, and pretty hard for you to get to Paris (where it would be easier for most of us to meet), unless you decide to go for more than just a weekend. Hmm... Complicated but I hope we work something out.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Raia, come to London! Ordinarily I'd be pushing Prague (which I still strongly recommend) but London is both closer to France and where I'll be, so come to London if you have time to travel any. Have you been to Europe? I hope you have a great time. Also, what a reason to be coming!! Congratulations on getting the part, especially when you had to make the recording with a cold!
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks! [Smile]

Yeah, I've been to Europe a few times. I actually used to live in England, so I traveled to France a bit then. I've never been to Prague (alas), but I am still very excited about this opportunity!! [Smile]

Corwin: Hmm. Well... I'm sure we can make this work!

Raia
Member # 4700

So, I had an emergency doctor's appoinment yesterday.

This "big cold" that she mentioned? Not a big cold. Nerve damage.

I have somehow injured the nerve connecting to my vocal chords, and now my right vocal chord moves slower than my left. I have to take countless drugs and go to speech therapy/vocal rehabilitation.

I have been advised to take it easy and keep the singing to a minimum this summer.

Unfortunately, RaiaCon will have to be postponed indefinitely.

[Frown]

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, I'm sorry. I'm still claiming a RaiaCon bloomington at some point this summer, I haven't seen you in a year!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Well, I'll be there.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, I'm sorry to hear about the nerve damage. Do they have any idea what caused it?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
That's terrible. Best of luck in your recovery.
Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Noemon: No, though it may have something to do with the fact that I sang an opera while barely able to speak. :/
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry Raia. [Frown]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch. I hope that your recovery is speedy and complete.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Shani))) Oh man that sucks. Listen to the doctor and take it easy! *hug*
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you'll be back and better than ever in no time. Take it easy this summer so you can get better.

Sorry to hear about France. [Frown] I hope something else comes along to make up for it.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awful, Raia. Both your sickness and having to give up going to France. [Frown]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Refuah shelaimah, metukah.

That sucks.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.