FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, all you people in, going to or passing through England

Author Topic: Hey, all you people in, going to or passing through England
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Come to LissaCon, ongoing until at least 2010! I'm moving to London for two years and need to meet some of you. I don't remember anyone actually in London, but I know some people are scattered across the UK. Who? Where? And what about you going to see David Tennant people? Passing through London? Wanna hang out? I promise I'm nice, and I have a cute baby for those who like cute babies.

Also, I have lived in England before but in the midlands and as a teenager (with accompanying lack of money, car, permission to travel, etc), so I don't know what to do with myself in London as an adult. Recommendations? Preference given to baby-friendly options. [Smile]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, this is interesting... I've never been to London and I'm fairly close to be interested. When are you moving there? Or are you already there now?
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

I'll be there for most of April and then from June or so on.
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I haven't posted in years but I remember you. The husband and I live in South East London and I'm on school holidays from April 5th, so get in touch and we'll meet up. Can't think of anything baby-friendly off the top of my head, not having any babies yet, but there should be plenty.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we can make this a "Raia&LissaCon". [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!! I will be there in August of this year. We can meet! [Smile]

I don't know yet the dates, but David Tennant Day is August 23rd, so around there. [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be in Stratford twice over the summer for Hamlet, but I have no solid plans to visit London yet. I am sure I will get there eventually, though. They have libraries!
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh! Raia&Lissa! [Big Grin]

I like cute babies. Now we HAVE to meet. [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*seconds Katie*

funnily enough, I might finally be able to get my bum to Prague this summer [Razz]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Living in London for two years? You are currently the recipient of all my envy. I would love to live in London for any length of time, but two years sounds just about perfect.

I'm curious as to what brought you there and how you're pulling it off (especially with chidren), because that would definitely be a goal of mine if it's doable.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

Whatever. I bet you'll arrange to be out of town whenever we manage to get to Scotland, too. [Smile]

Make sure to set aside some time to meet up in London, then, katharina (woo!) - maybe we can get Narnia and her entourage to come as well.

Kama
Member # 3022

hahaha. given I'm there every second weekend, it's about a 50-50 chance [Wink]

seriously though, I'd *really* try to arrange it so I'm there when you are [Smile]

Katie,
what exactly is David Tennant Day? Did I miss that?

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

Primal Curve, it's my husband's job. He works in HR mobility for a DHL Services entity and cooperates a good deal with DHL UK. Eventually he ended up working with them so closely that they asked him to come for a while, so the little one and I are just along fir the ride. My job (legal proofreading/translation/babylunchbox) would probably not get me there. [Smile]

Kama, let me know sometime when you'll be in London and have time to meet up. My schedule is wide open - I don't know anyone there yet and expect to be doing a lot of wandering around town with the little one while the big one is at work.

edit: or if I misread where you are every other weekend, I'll write you when we go to Scotland [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lissande:
babylunchbox

*giggle*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
what exactly is David Tennant Day? Did I miss that?
David Tennant Day is the day we have tickets to see Hamlet at the Globe...*panicks* This sounds familiar, right? Do I have the day wrong?

If you're asking if it's an official day, only in my tiny, Katie-sized corner of the world. [Razz]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
David Tennant days for me are Aug 11 and July 26. Mmmmmm.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

um, it's the 21st -- Thursday, right? that's what you told me to book for!

Lissa, yes, I'm in Scotland every other week, but will be in London the same weekend as Katie (er, unless we mixed things up!)

katharina
Member # 827

Oh, you are absolutely the authority. I clearly never wrote it down in my calendar. I'm going to do that right now.

*happy* I'm so happy I can go to this. [Smile]

Kama
Member # 3022

[Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.