FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Three new "Prince Caspian" spots...

Author Topic: Three new "Prince Caspian" spots...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
...can be viewed here.

Yup, they're definitely going for a darker, grittier tone with this one.

That suits the source material, though I'm wondering just how far they're gonna push it.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
I want the long trailer. Seriously. Isn't it about time for the long trailer?
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

It's on the way. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Reep! We saw Reep!

But not enough... [Frown]

However - I am loving the griffin footage. I love griffins. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Philosofickle
Member # 10993

- posted      Profile for Philosofickle           Edit/Delete Post 
Belle beat me to the punch on being fanatically excited about seeing Reepicheep. I suppose 2nd place is good enough though. *sigh
Posts: 208 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously. It's less than two months away. I can't believe they've waited this long to do the long trailer spot.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

As I understand it, some of the characters they wanted to feature in the trailer (like Reepicheep) took time to finish.
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to it. I hope it's a big hit. Supposedly if it is not they will stop making the Narina movies. Of course the source is Jim Hill, so take it with a grain.

Link

I hope they continue, I like the series, not as much as LOTR or Harry Potter, but it's definately worth finishing.

Maybe a new director could ad a little more depth to it. the first one seemed a like they were showing off all the cool characters instead of developing them.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Jim Hill's "scoop" was total baloney. Disney informed the major Narnia fan and movie sites that he was taking some completely unrelated bits of information and drawing connections that weren't there in order to generate site traffic. [Roll Eyes]

Then again, this is the same who keeps predicting each and every new Pixar release will be "the flop that ruins them! They're gonna fail, fail, FAIL!" [Big Grin]

Voyage of the Dawn Treader will see a new director on the franchise, Michael Apted. The general buzz about PC is that the problems Adamson showed in LWW have been solved, though.

Personally, I feel the first film did develop the Pevensies a bit deeper than the book did, though serious pacing problems showed up after all the kids enter Narnia. Plus (as always) the beautiful sections of the book the largely centered on internal feelings got short shrift in favor of the expanded action scenes.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought i saw a news story about how they've cast Eustace Scrubb, so I'd assume Dawn Treader is going ahead.

Who are they going to cast as Puddleglum in the Silver Chair? I hope they don't try to CGI him. Actually, I can see my father in law in that role. He's similar to ... uh, Farmer Hoggett. James Cromwell, right. Very formal, but unmistakeably warm underneath.

Also, Prince Caspian makes me swoon.

But there is a beheading in the story. I wonder if they are trying to figure out whether to go with the PG or PG-13 rating. Was the first one PG? It was fairly violent too.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, I just read the book, and granted, I read it really fast, but I don't remember there ever being a night attack on a castle. And I know the White Witch doesn't make a personal appearance. And I'm almost positive Aslan never says that it's been 1300 years. Discrepancies aside though, it looks pretty good.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The raid on Miraz's castle is suggested by Reepicheep and the other Talking Mice in the book. The film decided to actually do it, as in the book most conflicts are only referred to in flashback up until the climax.

The White Witch does not make a personal appearance, that's a vision of Jadis conjured up by the Hag. Based on the chapter Nikabrik hires the Hag and the Wer-wolf to invoke the White Witch, whether Caspian likes it or not. ("Whoever heard of a witch who really died? You can get them back. You can always get them back."- Quote from the book)

The remark by Aslan is most likely an "ad only" quote. They often do that, to make certain plot points clear. [Smile]

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Puffy. [Smile]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.