FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Iowa City Shooting -- Iowans, please stay safe

Author Topic: Iowa City Shooting -- Iowans, please stay safe
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
There's been a shooting in Iowa City. So far it look like a domestic issue, but the police have issued a warning that the shooter is at large and the University of Iowa has issued a campus alert. Details.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
But it's not April for another week.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
It appears to be a family killing. A mother and four children are dead, the father - possibly the same man recently indicted for bank embezzlement - is missing. link

Also, an accident involving the same type of vehicle driven by the missing man occurred this morning. The driver was killed, the minivan burned and police haven't yet identified the driver.

Update: The Iowa City paper says cause of death for the woman and children wasn't shooting, and police believe that the driver of the minivan was the husband, but they can't immediately identify the body.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
But it's not April for another week.

<-- Had the same thought.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
How sad.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
CaySedai: That news story sounds like a movie... Steal half a million dollars, kill off your immediate family, then seemingly die in a fiery car wreck where they can't identify the body.

Sad, but odd.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Nighthawk: for a real eye-opener, try reading some of the comments on the Press-Citizen's Web site. (You have to register to view comments.) There are comments that say pretty much the same thing - comparing the situation to a CSI show. I thought the people that commented on the stories on my paper's Web site were bad - apparently there's no shortage of trollishness around.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
When I lived in Nebraska, I was told it's Iowegians, rather than Iowans. [Wink]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.