FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Grooms' Gifts

Author Topic: Grooms' Gifts
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any unique and thoughtful tip on what to get my groomsmen?

One is into computer business, one is into racing, one is into business, and another is into computers, music and chess.

What did some of you guys do?

Thanks!

Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno unique and thoughtful it would be, but I usually ask people directly what sort of gift they'd like. Have you asked them?
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I am working on that myself. I don't want to do the typical flask or cufflinks (boring!). That subject is an ongoing topic on TheKnot.com , ProjectWedding.com and WeddingBee.com . Hope those links help you find something. Just do a search within those sites for "groomsmen gifts".
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no suggestions, but I'm curious to see where this goes.

My brother recently got engaged and I'm the best man. I didn't even know we were receiving gifts.

But I can tell you I'd have no use for a flask and don't much want cufflinks.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Here is a good article on some better ideas. We just may pay for the tuxes, which have already done, and not do a separate gift.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Buy the tuxes at JCPenney...classic black is $99.99, and they will get to keep the tux after the wedding for about the same (or less) than renting one for them.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I wish I would've thought of doing that before agreeing to rent, that's only $25 more than the rental.
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
A fellow came into the shop I work at this past Sunday and bought leather pad covers for his groomsmen.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my groomsmen swords. But then, my groomsmen were the kind of people who thought that was cool.

I had an explanation about old rituals involving mock-battles wherein the groom's party had to capture the bride, but mostly, I knew they would appreciate being given swords. [Smile]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Who wouldn't? [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
We did cufflinks - traditional, monogrammed Sterling.

A gift I like to give male relatives on significant birthdays/occassions is a monogrammed clock (yes, clock, not watch). They've been universally well-received.

Sigh. I'm a boring traditionalist.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.