FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Iron Man: 2 Minute Clip

Author Topic: Iron Man: 2 Minute Clip
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Tony learns how to use his rocket boots and gauntlets.

Mostly a light, silly scene.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. That was awesome. I have to say, I'm loving that this movie looks like it'll be hilarious, in addition to being the usual summer special effects extravanganza.

To action movie writers everywhere: less self-important "dramatic" dialogue, more character-driven wry humor please!

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad somebody was smart enough to put Robert Downey Jr in this role. He definitely seems to be making the Tony Stark role his own.

<grin>

I wish I had rocket boots and hand thrusters.

[ April 13, 2008, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Way back in the early 90s, there was a long and deeply bitter fanboy argument about whether or not Iron Man could murder the entire X-Men team by flying into orbit and firing a full-strength repulsor ray at the X-Mansion.

..*...say, they should have that scene in the movie!

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks hilariously awesome, and I agree, RD Jr. was the perfect guy for the role.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city college."

Brilliant.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I know zero about Iron Man. I have never read the comic book, nor have I seen anything else about it. But, I am very much looking forward to this movie.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how much of this is ad-libbed... Downey's surely capable of doing that rather well.

Considering how much of train wreck he was several years ago, this is great to see.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Downey is the perfect actor for this role and his history helps, I think.

I mean Tony Stark is a drunk and a womanizer, right. Downey has lived this.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.