FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This Website Speaks To Me (warning, potentially offensive to super-prudes) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This Website Speaks To Me (warning, potentially offensive to super-prudes)
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Honestly though, I think the thing that most bothers me about the whole site is the publicness of it. The fact that it's posted on the internet for all to see. And the fact that the poster doesn't even know and hasn't even interacted with the people he's shredding.
Exactly. When you are teasing a friend, there is a line between laughing with them and laughing at them. As long as the teasing stays within the space where your friend is able to laugh with you -- it can be funny. When you cross the line to laughing at a friend its mean.

On this website, there is no doubt what side of the line we are on. We are expected to laugh at this people not with them. I think that's true whenever we poke fun at strangers.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm not mistaket there is a tort that covers the appropriation of one's image for commercial purposes. Both the website and any book would likely create liability for the author.

Now I should mention I didn't read the second page of posts because I really don't care that much and this particular tort isn't one that we studied in class so if Dag already commented all the better [Smile]

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.