FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It would be surprising if it weren't Disney.

Author Topic: It would be surprising if it weren't Disney.
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Linky

In a nutshell, a family accidentally threw away the mom's engagement, wedding and anniversary rings. The family had to get to the airport. Seven cast members pull all the trash out and dump it onto a parking lot and start looking. They find the rings and return them to the family before they even get to the airport.

Only at Disney.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
That is very, very sweet.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Every day should feature at least one happy news item like this.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Did they do it IN COSTUME?

If so, did Disney make them pay for the cleaning? [Wink]

I was totally not expecting what you posted, after the way my friend was treated when her stroller was stolen at Disneyland.

I am glad they had a happy resolution. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I hear, there is a huge difference from Disneyland and Disney World. I have heard some people say they are barely comparable.

All the times I have been to Disney World, everyone has been outstanding. Especially when crisis arises.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess Disney World is the exception then? Everything else I've heard about Disney, from foreign park stories to how they treat their employees, has made me think they are not the happiest company in the land to deal with.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a friend who used to be a Disney World cast member. Not only did he love his job, he really liked the attitude that the park system took toward their guests. If someone dropped an ice cream cone, they would replace it with a larger one. That kind of thing. He never had enough good things to say about it.
Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmmm. The people I've known who have been cast members or store workers at Disneyland have not hated it-- but not loved it. And the people I know who have worked for or with the studios (I've known many more of the latter than the former) have much less happy stories to tell.
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was going to be something about anti-Semitism.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*blink*

Wha? Why?!?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
Because Walt Disney was a notorious anti-Semite.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I know that. But when someone says "Disney," I think the corporation, not the founder. *shrug*
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of the scene from the Family Guy movie. Stewie asks if they ever unfroze Walt Disney, then they cut to a clip of Walt in a cryogenics chamber:

Scientist: Welcome back Mr. Disney.

Walt: Are the Jews gone yet?

Scientist: Uhh... no-

Walt: Put me back in!

Then he slams the lid closed. (can't find this scene on youtube)

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.