FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Prince Caspian: Trailer 2

Author Topic: Prince Caspian: Trailer 2
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously aiming for the "action movie" crowd with this one.

Fortunately the "World of Narnia" TV spots assure me that the other aspects of the story are also present.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
And there will be seven of these?
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Seven movies? Well, maybe. As long as the films are profitable, Walden Media plans to continue to adapt them. At the moment only Narnia 3 is greenlit and in pre-production, but directors for Narnia 4 are being considered.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The Prince Caspian MySpace page has updated...

Looks like two more behind-the-scenes featurettes will debut before May 16th.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Which one is four going to be? Horse and His Boy or Silver Chair?

As long as they make HHB (after DT of course), I'm okay with stopping there. Last Battle and Magician's Nephew were never my favorites, and I could do without Silver Chair.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

They plan to do The Silver Chair if Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader are hits. According to the producer, if the films keep making money, they hope and plan to adapt them all.

(TSC was one of my favorites, so I don't mind.)

The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I must say, that trailer has gotten me really exited about the movie.
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

New behind the scenes clip!

Includes a truly wonderful Reepicheep moment. [Big Grin]

Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
ABC is currently showing The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and there's suppose to be an exclusive scene from Prince Caspian afterwards.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Just watched it! Signs of the changed plot structure: The Pevensies and the Old Narnians reunite early on. Caspian and Peter meet for the first time...getting off to a rough start. Lucy is overcome by Reepicheep's visual cuteness. It was a fun clip.

There was also a more dramatic one where the Telmarines ambush Caspian, Nikabrik, and Trufflehunter.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The first clip.

The second.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The final "weekend in Narnia" clip!

Including a look at the Dancing Lawn scene. [Cool]

Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
What are the action movie possibilities in Dawn Treader?

Strikes me as more of a car-trip melodrama, with hardly any fight scenes.

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Why do you want it turned into an action movie?
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't.

But it seems like the studios usually do. And I fear that if the studios can't easily pigeonhole a movie's genre, then the movie stands a lower chance of getting made.

That would be a shame. I still have my VHS copies of the BBC/Wonderworks TCoN. I will take my Narnia hits however I can, and I'm hoping that all seven will be filmed.

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.