FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Indiana Jones 4 spot!

Author Topic: New Indiana Jones 4 spot!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
With new footage from the new movie with cool new stuff!

New, new, new. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a new preview for it today in the theater. Can't wait!

Of course, I'm also looking forward to Iron Man on Friday.....

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot wait for this movie. It's going to be epic. It just reminds me of how much I love Indiana Jones.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the trailer, Indiana Jones is kidnapped by the Russians and force hired to find some artifact in South America. Then, he finds a young American kid who is looking for the same thing. Finally, he gets in touch with a few of his friends to double cross the Russians and get the artifact away from the Russians and into American hands.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tired of this now. I've been seeing pub of some kind on this stupid movie for YEARS. Enough. More than enough. Remember when movies took us by surprise? Weren't those the best movies? What happened?
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Ah, yes...that magic era before movies had publicity. Pre-1920s or so? [Big Grin]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In fairness to Orincoro, PT, not all of us enjoy the hype and the meta-media more than the product. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Where did I say he had to enjoy the hype? Heck, I don't even have the influence to make 'em click on one of my movie-trailer threads. [Wink]

I just think you'd have to go -very- far back to find the pre-hype era. Mass-media exploitation of a highly anticipated release goes back at -least- to the 1930s, if not the 1920s.

not all of us enjoy the hype and the meta-media more than the product

You're saying my excitement about films means I'm only interested in the hype?

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Burger King's going to be running an Indiana Jones game. They had a poster of the king wearing a fedora in the restaurant today... It was rather creepy, if you ask me.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You're saying my excitement about films means I'm only interested in the hype?
No. I mean that I have observed that you are more interested in the hype, promotion, and criticism of pieces of entertainment than you are in the entertainment itself. It means you take a very contextualized approach to media consumption. This is not something I consider a negative; it just means that your experience always includes a couple ounces more "meta-" than most consumers'.

FWIW, I think certain types of movies are hyped more now than they were in my youth. Certainly the "this movie is coming out in two years; here's a single shadowy shot of the hero's profile, plus the logo, in this teaser trailer" trend is something that I don't recall from my childhood.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
Burger King's going to be running an Indiana Jones game. They had a poster of the king wearing a fedora in the restaurant today... It was rather creepy, if you ask me.

When *isn't* the King rather creepy?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:

When *isn't* the King rather creepy?
This man speaks the truth. I can't think of another mascot who is this creepy, and yet, is promoted this much.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:

I just think you'd have to go -very- far back to find the pre-hype era. Mass-media exploitation of a highly anticipated release goes back at -least- to the 1930s, if not the 1920s.

But the best movies, the ones we remember with the most fondness are probably not the ones with super-duper high profile shoots with constant updates on progress. There are examples of those kinds of success, but I can probably name more failures.

Also I understand that the profile of this movie is only really big with internet fanboys. Still, get off my lawn.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.