FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I want to be a part of a live studio audience (or see a red carpet)

Author Topic: I want to be a part of a live studio audience (or see a red carpet)
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
So, as many of you know, I am going to the LA area in June. I would like to catch the taping of a show. Can anyone give me the scoop on shows I could watch? I'm not too picky. I just want to watch the process.

[ May 02, 2008, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: brojack17 ]

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
June might be the wrong time of year to be a studio audience - most of the regular shows will be over for the year and probably won't have started up again.

Maybe Leno? He'll still be going.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Leno would be good.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Leno tickets: http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/about/tickets.shtml
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Price is Right often has shows taping. I pass by the lines of people waiting all the time. Dates
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Thanks kat.
brojack17
Member # 9189

Thanks rivka. That would be a fun show also. Although, it was better with Bob Barker.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to request tickets for many shows well in advance, June might be cutting it a bit close, but some shows do have some seats they give away each day on a first-come-first-served basis, so I'd go to the studios' websites and check what each show has to say about that.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

- posted      Profile for Cactus Jack           Edit/Delete Post 
http://audiencesunlimited.com/
http://tvtix.com/

Be aware though--If you thought airlines are bad for overbooking, TV shows are worse. Because people are more likely to blow off a TV taping than a flight, they WAY overbook, and you often don't get in.

(I've never seen Leno or Price is Right, so they may not do this, but popular sitcoms do).

If you don't get in, they give you a pass for the next taping that all but guarantees you get in, which is great for those of us in SoCal, but not so great if you're only going to be here for, say, a week.

But you almost have to accept that getting in to a popular sitcom taping is almost going to be a two week process. (Not always, but often.)

Obviously, the less popular the show, the less of a problem this is. I never got in to Murphy Brown the first week. I always got in to The Second Half the first week.

If you're wondering, "What was The Second Half," that's my point.

Posts: 241 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
be warned about the price is right (though this experience is from back when it was Barker in charge, so things may have changed).

It's a neat experience, but both times I went we started lining up outside CBS at ~3:00-4:00 am and were not sure to have seats for the early afternoon taping... it was an ordeal. The first time it was arguably worth it to say that I'd done it, the second time was less than thrilling.

But I think that kind of experience is largely limited to that specific show, since you could theoretically leave the taping with thousands of dollars in prizes...

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
Although, it was better with Bob Barker.

True. And I never actually made it, despite wanting to for years (and having lived 1-3 miles from the studio for the past 25+ years!)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Many times, if you hang out near Groman's Chinese Theater, there will be a scout looking for audience members for new/unheard of or demo shows. Everytime I've taken guests to see the footprints, we've been offered tickets.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I walk past Groman's three times a week and I've never once seen this. I don't doubt you -- I'm only sharing to demonstrate how unlucky I am. I'd totally go see any of those shows.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

lol, do you go there on the weekends?
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Could I rent you out as my live studio audience for the weekend? Just follow me around and laugh at all the appropriate times. I'll even make a light up sign to let you know when.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Grauman's.

I've never been offered tickets there, and in my pre-kid days I used to hang out around there all the time. Not as much these days. [Wink]

I got ticket offers while leaving the movie theatre at the Beverly Center a lot.

brojack17
Member # 9189

quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
Could I rent you out as my live studio audience for the weekend? Just follow me around and laugh at all the appropriate times. I'll even make a light up sign to let you know when.

ha ha ha ha ha

(how was that?)

I'll clap and cheer when you walk into a room for the first time also.

brojack17
Member # 9189

I would also like to see a red carpet or movie premier brew-ha-ha. I would really like to see some famous people.

When I was in LA in November, I drove by the red carpet for the premier of Tin Man. I had plans to meet the ketchup clan that night or I would have went to see that.

Becoming real was more important than seeing stars. [Smile]

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
an alternate to Grauman's is that when you are walking Venice Beach (you are walking Venice Beach right?) there's often folks out there offering tickets to screenings and/or live studio audience bits.

Coolest one I got was a premier of King Arthur (which I actually liked) which was held at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science (or whatever it's called) Walked past lots of giant Oscar statues, sat in an audience with about half friends/family of the cast and crew and got an introduction from Jerry Bruckheimer. Pretty sure I got the ticket either from Venice or just from a random person at one of the movie theaters near the airport.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

That's cool. I do plan to walk Venice Beach.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LadyDove:
lol, do you go there on the weekends?

Yes. There's no day of the week that I don't walk by that theater.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

Ah well, it's been a while since I've been down there. The guy/gal always stood near the far right, on the sidewalk, as you're facing the entrance. Your info is probably more up to date than mine.
brojack17
Member # 9189

El JT,

I'll be staying at the Renaissance for three nights. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who offers to get me into premieres from time to time (her son does movies-- by "get into premieres", I mean sit with the hotshots and view the red carpet firsthand)... I haven't been offered anything in June, though, or I would ask her to take you instead.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Sure thing -- just email me. Although, it depends what part of June you're hear. I'm in Seattle for a few days early on, and then I'm going back to Louisiana mid-month and I'm going on tour.

But let me know.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.