FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tom Waits' Glitter and Doom (Tickets on sale now)

Author Topic: Tom Waits' Glitter and Doom (Tickets on sale now)
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom Waits just announced his new tour this morning. I'm stoked. Details Here.

So when Mr. Waits came through Atlanta a couple years ago I was so disappointed that I couldn't afford the show. I didn't expect to see him tour again for several years. There is no way that I am missing this show.

That is all...

[ May 16, 2008, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Are those all the dates, or are they going to release more? St Louis is the closest, and it ain't close. I'd like to see him, but probably not enough to travel that far for it.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

I think that's all of them. If you watch his video he talks about it. The video is pretty funny.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
oooOOOooo...he's playing in Columbus, OH on June 28th, which is the birthday of my boyfriend who lives in Bloomington, IN, which is not too terribly far from there. I wonder how much said boyfriend likes Tom waits *plots*
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

So at 9:58 this morning my work internet connection went down. Tix went on sale at 10am. I called Lindsay in a panic and she fought through popup blockers and other barriers to secure to tickets to the Atlanta show. We are in Orchestra 3 rows back from the stage, well from the pit anyhow. I'm ecstatic!

woohoo!

that is all...

Ben
Member # 6117

We just got back from seeing Tom Waits perform. This was our first time seeing him. That man is a fantastic performer. Good time had by us both.

That is all.

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Glad you had fun!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom is playing in San Sebastian at the end of July, but they are charging €120 ($188) a ticket!

I think I shall sit at home with my copy of Small Change, and a bottle.

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

The Atlanta concert that we attended is featured on NPR's All Songs Considered Live Concert podcast this week. They have the show in it's entirety. Hooray for everyone!

Live in Concert from All Songs Considered

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by anti_maven:
Tom is playing in San Sebastian at the end of July, but they are charging €120 ($188) a ticket!

I think I shall sit at home with my copy of Small Change, and a bottle.

Wow, I don't think I ever saw tickets for a concert costing that much in France! I've been to two concerts and they were both under 40 euros. This reminds me, I have to check if there's anything new and interesting around here.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.