FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Summer TV Schedule

Author Topic: Summer TV Schedule
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Kristin entitled this entry "Summer Schedule: Stay Inside, Watch TV, Avoid the Sun's Damaging Rays!" It's like she knows me. I got sunburned (again) walking 10 minutes to someone's house today.

Anyway, my picks are:

Last Comic Standing
My Boys
Weeds
Burn Notice (YES! And Trisha Helfer is joining the cast!)
Saving Grace
Eureka
Nip/Tuck (a filthy habit, but what can you do?)
Damages

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
None of that sounds appealing. For summer I am increasing Netflix to two at a time and making my way through the BBC archives.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate summer tv...
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
The only ones I'm really excited about are Weeds and My Boys. I absolutely love My Boys, but I honestly don't think anyone knows about it.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a new show on Fox, created by the same folks that made Lost, which looks interesting.

Fringe, I think? The star is the guy who plays Abaddon.

Edit: HEre is a Youtube trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_bvyp8_e-U

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm excited for Weeds. June 16, right?? The season finale was crazy and I'm excited to see where the show goes now.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Eureka, so I'll be watching that. Got to finish up the BSG half-season, so there's that; I'm also a bit drawn to SGA.

And we can't, of course, forget the "reality" television that is American Gladiators (try though we might...). [Wink]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking forward to The Next Food Network Star, Army Wives (yay! ended in a huuuge cliffhanger), Monk, and Psych.

Yes, I have low-brow tastes. Get over it. [Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
D'oh! I forgot about Psych! I love that show. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Monk! Thank you! I always miss it because the season is so odd. When does it start?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Monk and Psych return July 18. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ah, thank you.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
There is a new show on Fox, created by the same folks that made Lost, which looks interesting.

Fringe, I think? The star is the guy who plays Abaddon.

Edit: Here is a YouTube trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_bvyp8_e-U

They filmed some of this at my (ex-)University (of Toronto). I'm pretty sure the line, "What happened on that plane might be more dangerous than just simple terrorism" is inside the beautiful Knox College foyer.

The end of the line, "...only the whole world is a lab," is definitely out the back of Knox College, in the walkway across the quad (it's a beautiful place, film crews often seem to be there in the summer, only it was barely spring when this crew was there). I photographed the walkway most recently in this photograph. I saw this scene being shot, haha, so I think it's great it's in the trailer. I knew immediately what kind of scene it would be, although I couldn't hear the dialogue- the fast walking, intense dialogue scene. Oh dear, television is so predictable.

As for the show itself, I have major misgivings. I'm not a fan of J.J. Abrams, and the concept seems like it could easily dry up and die.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Burn notice and Psych. I also really like My boys. I can't wait for the summer season to start!
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.