FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Mole

Author Topic: The Mole
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

- posted      Profile for Lostinspace   Email Lostinspace         Edit/Delete Post 
The Mole premieres tonight. Anyone planning on watching? I loved the previous Moles and am hoping it won't be changed too much, but then "smart" tv doesn't survive long does it?
Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Mole?
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a reality show on ABC. Was originally hosted by Anderson Cooper, though I don't think he does any more.

I saw the first season, and thought it was pretty good. Might watch tonight.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

- posted      Profile for Lostinspace   Email Lostinspace         Edit/Delete Post 
Its a Reality Television show on ABC. Ten people perform tasks to try to earn money. But one of the players is a mole and tries to disrupt the winnings. The other players try to figure out who the mole is...each week the show ends with a quiz and an someone leaving the show. More details on abc.com
Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the first season, and caught a couple episodes of the celebrity version on rerun, which weren't very good. I'm very excited to see it back, though I forgot it's tonight. Thanks for the reminder!
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lostinspace:
Its a Reality Television show on ABC. Ten people perform tasks to try to earn money. But one of the players is a mole and tries to disrupt the winnings. The other players try to figure out who the mole is.

Wouldn't the silky fur and front feet well adapted for digging kind of give it away?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
The original version was "The Porcupine", but after the first few contestents left the show with quills stuck in their skin, that kind of squelched that idea.

They briefly toyed with "The Skunk" as well, but quickly agreed that wasn't going to work, as all the contestants were TRYING to get sent home, just to get away from the stench.

Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I just caught the second episode. I suspect that Bobby may be the mole. If not, then he's a horrible player and a very unlikeable person.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Do they manage to rig it somehow so that the Mole stays in the show for a reasonable amount of time?

Seems like the show would be pretty silly if the Mole got kicked off the second episode.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume the mole can't be eliminated, even if they were eligible to be, the person who gets eliminated is the person who answered the least amount of questions about the mole correctly. You would think that the mole would know the answers to these questions.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread reminds me of Austin Powers 3. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
Do they manage to rig it somehow so that the Mole stays in the show for a reasonable amount of time?

Seems like the show would be pretty silly if the Mole got kicked off the second episode.

Since the mole knows who he or she is, they can do pretty good at answering the questions. But I don't think the mole is ever able to be eliminated. My guess is they could totally do the quiz wrong and still not be eliminated!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.