FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Weird question (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Weird question
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I would try using a new email acct to send the forwarded email on with. If that doesn't work you could ask your friend to contact ex for you but that is a sticky situation also.

The situation really sucks but you are stuck in a position where you are darned if you do darned if you don't. In the end you can do what is possible and turn the rest over to God. As my kids enter teen years I am realizing there is so little about their lives I can control anymore and I have to just pray like mad that God protects them.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Out of curiosity, in Rabbinical court is a restraining order completely binding, or can it be reevaluated?

It can be, sure. But the odds are next to nil in this case.

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Would the creation of an anonymous email with which you forward your friends email to your ex be a viable option?

The restraining order isn't against me contacting my ex. Just the kids. And when I tried forwarding my friend's e-mail, it bounced. So either they closed down their gmail accounts, or they've blocked me.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JT in the fake Hatrack Gossip Thread in steven's brain:
Steven can sure be a jackass.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
quote:
Originally posted by JT in the fake Hatrack Gossip Thread in steven's brain:
Steven can sure be a jackass.

Come on. Stop baiting him.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry it's such a difficult situation, Lisa. I second the advice to create a new anonymous email account and forward the information you have. If your ex is just blocking you it should get through. It'd have a chance of alerting her to the situation enough to investigate and perhaps intervene.

Also, if you know someone close to your ex, whether it's a religious, family, or work relationship...giving them the info anonymously might spur them to pass it along. (It sounds like if your identity is attached to the information it will be roundly ignored. [Frown] )

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bootjes
Member # 11624

- posted      Profile for bootjes           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lisa,

any good news/progress?

Though I fear the only progress can be you coping with this in a way that doesn't eat your heart out.

wishing you well.

Posts: 129 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Actually, my partner's mother died on Monday, after battling lung cancer for about 15 months. So we're in Florida. They aren't having the funeral until Thursday, and we're going back to Chicago on Friday so that Havah can sit shiva there (and actually have a minyan in the shiva house, which her father won't permit).

So I've been a little distracted.

Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will keep you all in my thoughts.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Thanks. It's been a really marvelous June.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
((Lisa))
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch. Sorry to hear all this Lisa.

(((Lisa)))

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bootjes
Member # 11624

- posted      Profile for bootjes           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you
Posts: 129 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Lisa))), sounds like you could do with holiday.

For what it's worth, if there's anything I can do to help out, my email is in my profile.

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.