FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Rapture.com

Author Topic: Rapture.com
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever wondered how you were going to communicate with friends and relations after the Rapture (when of course, you will be one of the Chosen?)

No?

Well, someone did.

And for only $40, now you can send email from heaven!
Okay, not quite. You have to write the email now and hope that the Rapture doesn't happen just before you press 'send'.
But still, bargain. Right?

If you write 'Nyer nyer, I told you so', do you still get to go to heaven? [Confused]

quote:
Randy Maddox, a theology professor at Duke University, was sceptical.

He told ABC News : "In one sense, they're arguing it will be a time of great disaster, but in another sense he's saying, 'I promise my website will be working'. There are logical incongruities with the model."

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Seen it before, but it never fails to give me a chortle. Also, the more cynical bastards make a buck off stupid people, the fewer stupid people there will be.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping this was about Bioshock 2. [Frown]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
It makes me kind of want to hunt down three of the five operators and...uh...incapacitate them for six days.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I submit that the rapture already took place.

And nobody noticed.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what sorts of things this service would be useful for, anyway. I mean, you're free to tell people what you believe right now! And there are procedures for telling people stuff you want them to know, but not until you're dead. I don't see why this would be better than a will and a safe deposit box.

I bet if this service lasts long enough, it'll get accidentally triggered.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I read about this...they tell you that you can set up an email to give your loved ones bank account numbers and whatever in case they're left behind. Or maybe that's another site. Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if people who signed up found their identities stolen.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
What if you belong to a faith that doesn't believe in the Rapture? At least, not as popularly construed? Do we get a discount?
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
What if you belong to a faith that doesn't believe in the Rapture? At least, not as popularly construed? Do we get a discount?

Well, you're obviously not getting raptured. [Wink]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.