FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gmail and Firefox

Author Topic: Gmail and Firefox
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
For the past couple of days, when I try to open my Gmail account in Firefox, it goes into this weird loopy mode--the toolbar that says "Loading [my email]@gmail.com" fills up, then it goes back to showing it midway to the loading process, and the page is eternally loading and never opens.

This doesn't happen in Explorer. In Firefox, if I click on "load basic HTML" then it works just fine, but I don't want basic HTML, I want standard view.

Any suggestions? Is this something I can fix on my end?

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I just tried it and it works ok. What Firefox version do you have? I have 2.0.0.14 installed.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

I just ran a search about the problem, and it seems to be happening in many version of Firefox, and with no definite solution to it. Looks like you'll have to wait a bit for it to be solved.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

This morning I got in okay.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Try again. [Smile] I've seen reports that stated that clearing the cache & cookies helped get in a first time, but that they would have the same problem for subsequent logins. Anyway, hope it really works for you now.
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had the same thing happen intermittently (but only on one of my gmail accounts), but haven't been able to figure out what fixes it. [Dont Know]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Internet Explorer. [Wink]
ludosti
Member # 1772

But using IE to fix it is like fixing the hole in your wall by tearing your house down... [Wink]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Ah, fresh air! [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Logging out and back in, while clearing the cookies and cache generally work for me -- and I haven't had the problem again for several weeks. Possible because I now clear the cache after every browser session.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Remind me how to clear the cache?
ludosti
Member # 1772

From the tools menu, select "Clear Private Data". Your cache is one of the boxes you can check.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

thanks.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.