FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » George Calin has died....no joke :(

Author Topic: George Calin has died....no joke :(
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sad news.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't listened to any of his routines in awhile but I use to love them. I didn't know he was having medical problems [Frown]

EDIT: An excerpt from one of his routines

quote:

“The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...

...and you finish off as an orgasm.”

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
If you were ever wondering which threads are appropriate to swear in, stop wondering now.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
this totally sucks.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Don't quite know what to say... some explicit language comes to mind, but I'll just leave it there for the time being. Not a good way to start on a Monday morning.
I was introduced to Mr. Carlin's work through a late friend of mine and instantly took a liking to it. I really liked the fact that no party was safe from his jokes...
Guess I'll be listening to some of his work tonight, to refresh my memory.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Just read this on CNN. Damn. He was funny and smart, and I'll miss him.

Jeez, between him and Vonnegut, where are we going to get our curmudgeons?

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Darnit. He was one of my favorite comedians. [Frown]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang.
He was just here performing.
In is honor, I am going to go through the house and get rid of everyone's sh**, so I will have more room for my stuff.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
He will most sincerely be missed. [Frown]

I'll be sure to swear a lot today, in his honor.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
s*** p*** f*** c*** c***s***** m*****f***** and t***
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Any link I can post in his honor would violate site Terms of Service.

*EDIT*
Well there's this one, at least...
PG listing of George Carlin quotes

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh [Frown] ,I actually liked him, why do the funny die young?
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, Pix. Exactly what I said when I heard the news. Although I'm sure I mispronounced the asterisks.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Goody: In fairness, when George said what I was quoting, he didn't say the asterisks either.

T:Man: 71 isn't that young. Especially if you've abused as many drugs as he did.

Still... I didn't see this coming. He was one of my favorite comedians when I was a teenager. I'm really sad to see him go ='(

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Young compared to when I'm going to die!
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
Be excellent to eachother...That's what he taught me. [Frown]
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if he'll roll over and scratch himself on the autopsy table.

Or if he got his "two minute warning."

Or if he's going to be blown up instead of cremated.

Sad to see him go, but George has prepared us well. After all, you're all going to die.

It's on your schedule.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

And... Party on, dudes.
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

- posted      Profile for Lostinspace   Email Lostinspace         Edit/Delete Post 
Just always remember its ok to prick your finger but not to finger your .......

George will be greatly missed! He was a great man who made you laugh and made you think at the very same time!

Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.