FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Let her go."

Author Topic: "Let her go."
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
"Oooh. Very poor choice of words!"
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
So, has everyone come to the conclusion that this is going to be the best movie ever made? The hype is so thick it's making it hard to breathe.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to agree with the overhypedness of this movie. Sure, it looks pretty cool, but "OMGBESTMOVIEEVER!!!11eleventyone!!1"? Nah.

(That said, I'll certainly be at the theater at midnight when it comes out. [Smile] )

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. The glow from the first one has certainly faded, for me anyways. I wasn't even planning on seeing this, though the trailer makes the Joker look more impressive than I thought he could be, and makes the original Batman look utterly ridiculous. It also gives me a little hope about an eventual sequel involving a real good look at Mr. Freeze, who is possibly my fave of favorite bad guys. A complex bad guy who does evil but isn't evil at his core and has compassion within him. That's my favorite evil archetype.

Now I've gone from "take it or leave it" to "will see while it's in theaters." Not a midnight movie for me, but, it looks appealing now.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Lyrhawn, I'm surprised you were so ambivalent about the first one. I'dve imagined it was right up your moviegoing alley.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
This is going to be great.

And while I don't think it will be the best movie ever, it is certainly going to take the place of "best superhero movie" for at least a good long while.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
"Let her go." Akin to "Drop him" from Prince Caspian. And a parody of Revenge of the Sith!
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by C3PO the Dragon Slayer:
"Let her go." Akin to "Drop him" from Prince Caspian. And a parody of Revenge of the Sith!

The Joker loves good puns. [Evil]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
All the TV Spots via Youtube:

1. "He does that."
2. "And here...we...go!"
3. "Three buttons is a little 90's, Mr. Wayne."
4. "Hmmm."
5. "I see now what I have to become to stop men like him."
6. "Things will get ugly."
7. "Well, then everyone loses their minds!"
8. "You're just a freak...like me!"
9. "Tonight you're going to break your one rule."

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
People bemused at the massive promotion of this film: Do you recall what the promotion for the 1989 Burton film was like? It was insane. Batman was everywhere. In comparison, this is really quite average for a summer flick. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Wow, Lyrhawn, I'm surprised you were so ambivalent about the first one. I'dve imagined it was right up your moviegoing alley.

I only saw it once, and I don't even remember what it was that I didn't like about it. I just remember not having any interest in rewatching it. I think I remember Bale made a fantastic Batman, and a pretty good Bruce Wayne though.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.