FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm in summer school right now!!

Author Topic: I'm in summer school right now!!
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
taking more biology yay!
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

90.9 on my exam oooooooooooo pwning
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I'm taking summer school starting late July. Hope I can get scores like that, but considering that I'm so twisted in regards to marital values, it's not likely I can do so well in the new Health curriculum. *shrug
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

Got home about 2 hours ago. Bio is too easy can't wait till AP physics! [Big Grin]
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

I agree with you on that! Throughout middle school I was eagerly awaiting a high school science course. No doubt about it, I love science, but up to that point most of it was done teaching by the book. Or Bill Nye vids. Ninth grade biology was such a drag; it was essentially a reminder (not even enough to constitute a review) of seventh grade. Physics is much better; you actually do stuff.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, what, there's a time when it's abnormal for people to be in school?

Oh, yeah... I sorta remember that...

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

Sundays? [Dont Know]
Member # 11614

I'm taking extra credit for next year!
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T:man:
I'm taking extra credit for next year!

You might also consider English Composition, Communications, or Journalism, if available.
Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

I don't have another 200$ to pay for it. [Frown]
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to see you "pwn" AP Physics. Serioudly.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

Fusiachi: What do you learn in Communications?
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by C3PO the Dragon Slayer:
Fusiachi: What do you learn in Communications?

Okay, honestly, I don't know what one would learn in a 'communications' course offering. I do understand that some universities have 'communication studies' majors.

The intended point stands.

Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I took Comm 1010 last year. Probably one of the largest time wasters I've ever had. Mind you, it was an introduction to communication, but still, the class essentially just told me that I need to be careful not to sound like a bigoted monster in a workplace environment. It never taught me what to say, just what not to say.

Then we tried to make group presentations to learn group communication. The guidelines given for the assignment were both vague and dated and resulted in a fairly miserable experience for us all not because we didn't present our subject well, or that the group didn't like us, but because we couldn't figure out what the teacher really wanted on it for the life of us.

Ah, well, that's in the past I still grabbed an A in the class.

So yeah, intro to communications = big waste of time, effort, and money.

But yes, your basic point still stands. This was just to show what you get in a communications class. [Smile]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
Just keep in mind that you won't get a summer off until you retire unless you take advantage of your summers now and relax. Though I guess if you're having fun then it can't really hurt.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
My kid is in summer school for the month of July, taking Biology, which he's never taken before, and Algebra II, which he took last term, but is re-taking in hopes that he can bump up his grade a bit. As long as he was in summer school anyway, for Biology, he figured he might as well take an extra class.

Still, he'd rather have a summer job. To compensate for the crummy summer school summer, he's planning to spend August traveling around visiting family in New York, Georgia, Connecticut, and Maryland.

Good luck with summer school.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

Here Again!!!!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop cruising the forums and pay attention in class!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

Hey, if he's getting 90.9s on his exams, he seems to know what he's doing.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I shudder to think how much lower my grades would have been, had I been able to surf the forums in high school.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

All I have to do is turn the moniter away from Teacher. (oops fogot her name again)
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I will ban all electronic devices from my classroom.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

!!!!!

Then how will your class sharpen pencils?

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

Maybe I'll just make them memorise everything. The sound of electric pencil sharpeners is irritating, anyway. [Wink]
Member # 11614

I'm here again, suposed to be working on my laptop. Hee hee hee
DecayedCordet
Member # 11676

- posted      Profile for DecayedCordet   Email DecayedCordet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T:man:
All I have to do is turn the moniter away from Teacher. (oops fogot her name again)

I dig how you're avoiding your teacher at....7:32 P.M.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.