FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thank you nice people of the world, for still existing.

Author Topic: Thank you nice people of the world, for still existing.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I have had one of the most depressing, tiring, soul-crushing days of my life. I was about to end the day on a sour, bitter note...when someone I didn't even know noticed I looked terrible, invited me over to rest, and got me some water to drink. (It was 97+ degrees today.)

Just a small act of kindness, but it transformed my day.

Thank you, kind people of the world. You are awesome beyond all limits.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww schucks!

[Group Hug]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry you had such a crappy day, Puffy. And glad someone made it a little bit better. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] That made my day.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear you had such a bad day Puffy, but I'm glad there was someone who took the time to care.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
People can suprise you by acting even a little human.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
I love stories like this.

I love it even more when I manage to make stories like this.

Let's hear it! [The Wave]

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 1549

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw         Edit/Delete Post 
Back on June 4 this month my house burned down. And by burned down-I mean burned down. A house that I had worked on rehabilitating almost every day for four and a half years. I was down to just three bathrooms left to do. I even had the new sinks ready to install sitting in the Great Room which had just been completed less than a week before.

It was a horrible fire. In literally 15 minutes my house became a four alarm fire. My wife and child barely got out the front door. My beagles burned alive in their cages and I received third degree burns in the process of trying to save them.

We lost everything. The home, five cars, everything we owned, and my beagles.

Skipping all the other details between that night and today, the one thing that has been both humbling and also shocking to my family has been the genuine concern and thoughtfulness of our immediate neighbors and the people in our subdivision & city.

There have been literally hundreds of kindnesses and aids extended to us over the past couple of weeks. I'm not surprised at all that nice people in the world exist because I apparently managed to surround myself with them.

Besides when you escape from a fire without a stitch of clothing and not one but literally dozens of neighbors bring you something to wear while you watch your entire dream vanish in fire, it really drives home how truly decent people can be even when they didn't have to be.

Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry you have to go through that, Redskullvw! But I'm glad you and your family are ok, and that you have great friends and neighbors.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what a terrible thing! I'm so glad the nice people were there for you!
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
How horrifying - I'm so glad your family is safe. That is terrifying. I'm very happy that you have been taken care of.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.