FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Terminator: Salvation teaser

Author Topic: Terminator: Salvation teaser
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The beginning of the end of the beginning of the...*...wait...
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Introducing, John Connor number 4!

[ July 17, 2008, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Javert ]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

What about TV series John Connor?
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:

Edited. Thank you. [Smile]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone can make that movie good, it's Christian Bale. Still...I don't plan on it.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
It could be interesting, if you enjoyed the others. I dunno how I feel about it though. The TV show was surprisingly good.

On a side note, does anyone else not get audio on the teaser? For some reason I don't get any.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I think what made the first two Terminators interesting on the story level was the fragile protagonist. That teaser didn't really grab me. Also, in the first two movies, the strength and general awesomeness of the terminator had to be tempered by an ability to pass for human. Since that doesn't exist in a machine dominated future, there isn't any reason for a terminator not to easily overwhelm any and every human, so it has to be a battle of wits of somekind. If that is involved, they sure failed to show it.

Then, I had all these deep (as far as superhero logic goes) thoughts on why the Hulk movies suck while I was on vacation, but they're probably obsolete now. Something about how the Hulk can't have a girlfriend. There has to be a price for phenomenal strength, and in Hulk's case it is a lack of prefrontal lobe function.

I really didn't like that about Superman Returns, either. It felt too much like a superhero in a soap opera. Sure he made better choices than people in real soap operas, but, well, it was just dumb to me.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:

For some stupid reason they are going with two different continuities.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I was referring to Javert's post. Originally he had Bale listed as "John Connor Number 3", when technically he's 4.

Now that Javert's edited his post, it's moot. [Smile]

MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. It's about time they did a Terminator where they actually fight a bunch of the machines.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
Awesome. It's about time they did a Terminator where they actually fight a bunch of the machines.

Not really. The movies were never meant to be about the war itself, but that's Hollywood for you... The series should have ended with T2. They managed to pull off something passable with T3, and the T.V. series turned out somewhat better than most fans expected, but now they're pushing their luck, especially since there's talk of going as far as T6!
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming this gun doesn't shoot bullets.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
It could be interesting, if you enjoyed the others. I dunno how I feel about it though. The TV show was surprisingly good.

Am I the only person who thought the TV show was surprisingly mediocre?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, because everyone was expecting it to be pretty awful.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.