FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » First look at "Caprica"

Author Topic: First look at "Caprica"
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Link
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
At the very least, the blog entry verified that the last episodes of BSG will air in January, and not the middle of 09.

But wait, from the trailer it looks like the Cylons are already skinjobs. That seems to go against canon.

I like the actors chosen.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:

But wait, from the trailer it looks like the Cylons are already skinjobs. That seems to go against canon.

I was wondering about that too. We know that humanoid Cylons have existed for a long time but humans shouldn't know about them until after the attack on the colonies. There's talk of a humanoid copy of someone in the trailer, but this isn't necessarily the same thing as a Cylon, and we obviously haven't been shown enough to understand the implications. Trailers are often intentionally misleading.

[ July 22, 2008, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: neo-dragon ]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Neo - I suppose I won't have to carry on watching the rest of the episodes now...

Neat link tho. Cheers.

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Um... sorry! I guess I just thought that after a year or so there's no need for spoiler warnings. [Wall Bash]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree this seems to be against cannon, considering we saw the original Centurions vivisecting humans to see how we work in "Razor".

How I think they'll work it is the original concept of the Cylons was to be humanoid, to replace their dead kids, but eventually rejected by either the people who made them or the 12 Colonies as a whole. However the ability to make A.I.'s will be adopted by Humanity in less human form, ie Centurions and other worker androids.

[Thanks for the link!!]

[ July 22, 2008, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
This looks terrific. Can't wait. Thanks for the post, Lisa. As for canon, the team behind Galactica (assuming it's the same team) has more than earned my trust; and I trust this show to fall in. Very excited. Do we know when this starts?
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the same team. When it starts is still up in the air, but from things I've read elsewhere, it's already well into the filming process.

If I had to guess, I'd say early 09.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.