FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What was the best Snarky Kids Adventure movie of the 1980s? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What was the best Snarky Kids Adventure movie of the 1980s?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
No one mentioned Iron Eagle yet? Come on - a wacky group of high school misfits steal an attack fighter - including arranging for mid-air fueling - to save the kid pilot's dad? Plus Lou Gosset Jr. FTW.

Edit: Favorite quote: "Attention unidentified aircraft, this is Major Dwight Smiley of the United States Air Force, you are following one of our F-16s in international airspace, do you wish to engage?

I didn't think so."

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to add Iron Eagle when I mentioned Red Dawn, but...well, but then I didn't for some reason.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The Breakfast Club kids were on an adventure?

Another adventure of Child Rights, no doubt. Feh! [Wink]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Back to the Future involves several teens... they just happen to also be older in other movie stages. [Smile]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Red Dawn was far superior to Iron Eagle... and that's coming from someone who had his heart set on flying an F-16 someday.

quote:
"How'd you get yourself shot down, Colonel?"

"It was five to one, I got four..."

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve_G
Member # 10101

- posted      Profile for Steve_G   Email Steve_G         Edit/Delete Post 
Another one I just remembered is The Wizard.

[ August 05, 2008, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Steve_G ]

Posts: 197 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

- posted      Profile for Lostinspace   Email Lostinspace         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
The Breakfast Club kids were on an adventure?

Another adventure of Child Rights, no doubt. Feh! [Wink]

They do break out of the library and go on their little adventure. Like I said if we are going to talk about Back to the Future (no real group) Flight of the Navigator (no real group) and the likes, then we could add the Breakfast Club!
Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Lostinspace:
They do break out of the library and go on their little adventure. Like I said if we are going to talk about Back to the Future (no real group) Flight of the Navigator (no real group) and the likes, then we could add the Breakfast Club!

The people who mentioned those films seemed to have missed the general attributes given in the first post, though. [Smile]

(That was a pretty weak-sauce adventure if you ask me. And you didn't!) [Wink]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Jim-Me:
Back to the Future involves several teens... they just happen to also be older in other movie stages. [Smile]

The only "group" that forms is the time-lost teen and the wacky professor. The other major teen characters are the antagonist and his teen mom-to-be, who's an unwanted (and how!) source of infatuation.
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I had one of my friends watch Red Dawn with me a couple years ago- he thought it was like the cheesiest movie ever. I just grew up watching it because my parents liked it (both me and my friend were born in the late 80s).

I was actually thinking of The Breakfast Club though. I didn't think that would qualify according to the OP.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Red Dawn was far superior to Iron Eagle
I'm not surprise you think that, Mr. Cowboys Fan. *shakes head sadly at the questionable taste of some posters*
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

It seems so far that The Goonies is the popular winner. (No love for The Monster Squad? Awwww.)

Oddly enough, there are indications that the long in development hell Goonies 2 film may be close to being green-lit.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.