FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bored with the Olympics yet?

Author Topic: Bored with the Olympics yet?
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
I am.

Can someone wake me up when it's all nicely over.

By the way I won a gold medal once, but it wasn't Olympic. It was mroe special than that. You just ask my Mum...

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Not even close. The softball and track and field have not even started yet. The rest of my family is bored with it but they don't really watch sports.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
We don't really watch sports and we're loving it.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
No way on earth! Last night's relay was awesome, especially with Phelps's scream.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched the relay from last night, and knowing exactly what was going to happen didn't lessen the excitement one bit. I was falling off the edge of my seat. What a freakin great race.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I find it quite entertaining even though I don't like sports. I still find the various documentaries and glimpses of the foreign delegations response to living in Beijing pretty fascinating and nostalgic too. I'm also looking forward to the closing ceremony.

Our (my family) main complaint seems to be that the CBC and US channels seem to have some sort of exclusivity deal where the Hong Kong channels and CCTV channels cannot show Olympic events in North America. As a result, the coverage of events where Canadian or American teams do not participate in is really poor.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no way, I'm already anticipating withdrawal when they're over!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all bored! Wishing I was off work so I could watch more of it.
And the opening ceremonies were the awesome!

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:

And the opening ceremonies were the awesome!

I agree, I thought that all those waving boxes just had to be computer controlled. When I saw all the people take the boxes off I was astounded.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
No
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you're the only one, anti-maven. I'm loving it, too.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm watching how much Canada can lose. It's fun! It's the perpetual underdog.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I was bored with it by the time the opening ceremonies had concluded.

They lasted so long I figured the athletes for the Winter Games had to be lining up outside, getting ready for their turn.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Bored isn't a good description for me, because that would imply that I was ever interested. Except for 2004 when I was at my sisters and she was watching some swimming events, I haven't watched a single event or ceremony since, oh, Montreal in 1976. I just don't care to watch one way or the other.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.