FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Facebook: The Movie

Author Topic: Facebook: The Movie
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
What, did you think I was kidding?
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Altho it might not be all that factual or a fair representation of history, I really enjoyed Pirates of Silicon Valley. Who knows what drama or friction they encountered from social groups, corporations, and techies in the creation and rise of Facebook. It would also be interesting to see how it's success personally changed the creators.

I don't know the history and would be willing to see a movie about Facebook; altho I think at best it is a renter...as is (PoSV).

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't quite understand how a facebook movie would be made. Would it just be a movie about poeple who use facebook alot? Or documentary style?
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I joined Facebook a few days ago. I don't know where those days went and can never get them back.

Plus I've learned that I have friends who have inordinately inane taste in passalong stuff. I can't quite figure out why someone (who is not 7 years old) wanted to send me a Minnie Mouse, or why on earth I would send another Disney character back to her.

On the other hand, I found my best friend from 5th grade, and it's been great catching up.

In none of this do I see the makings of a movie, but I imagine that there must be something to tell or Sorkin wouldn't have taken it on.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's on the beginnings of facebook. But honestly, I don't really see how they're going to make an entire movie about this. It just seems like an inane topic. But, if anyone can make it well, Sorkin can.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.