FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » DVD desperation

Author Topic: DVD desperation
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I can find copies of Burglar, The Toy, and Savage Planet at my local Food Lion, but a search today at F.Y.E., Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Target, K-Mart, and WalMart failed to turn up a copy of Harry and the Hendersons. Was I the only one who liked that movie, or what?

(I'll order it off Amazon, but I felt like watching it today. Oh well.)

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Random - that was the first PG movie I was allowed to go see at the theatre (besides empire strikes back, but i was too young to remember). I remember walking down to the bus stop the day my parents took me and being all extra excited I was being allowed to go that night. What a dork.
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad's first name could lend itself to the nickname Harry, and guess what our last name was? We thought the movie was pretty neat when it came out.

I caught some of it on cable recently though and I just couldn't take much. Beautiful forests, though.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cute, cmc. [Smile]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Why thank ya... ; )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
is it on itunes?
Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I watched that movie at the age where I could be easily terrified of scary, hairy monsters, but not old enough to understand the humor and lightheartedness of it.

As a result, that movie scares the living daylights out of me when I think about it.

[Angst]

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else remember the Harry and the Hendersons Sound Stage at Universal Studios

I loved that thing and they didn't changed the jokes for like 10 years

Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.