FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » D&D Alignment Help & Kino's Journey

Author Topic: D&D Alignment Help & Kino's Journey
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to figure this out, whats Kino's alignment from the Anime Kino's Journey?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a good principle to ensure that your model explains many cases, before you try to fit all cases in the world into it.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

well I was asking in the hopes someone familiar would know as these things are hard to explain from examples but let see:

Very neutral, to the point that she (almost) never helps people about to be killed, for the most part the cultural customs of other countries and personal feuds between people are not her concern "I am not God" is her reasoning for not interfering (mostly).

There are times she DOES help like giving a lost traveler in a desert water, I'ld classify "Machinations/follys of mankind = non interference" "random person needing a small favor = help out".

Kills only in self defence, shes a very skilled pistoleer.

For the most part I think Neutral Good fits the bill roughly.

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Or simply "Good", in D&D 4, since there are no more neutral good characters.
But I'd classify her as "Unaligned" in D&D 4 or True Neutral in old D&D.

Oh, yes: great anime, Blayne. One of my favorites. Really.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Fourth Edition Does not Exist.
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Fedne.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

derivative.
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
?
As far as I know (AFAIK), it does exist and it's a neat system. I've playing it since july when my books arrived. My players like it a lot.
You must mean that you do not aknowledge it's existence and, therefore, is attached to prior edition(s). I can understand that.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

To a joking extent, aside from the possible online engine for playing (online) I feel no need to invest in 4th edition 3.5 has what I like about D&D if we wanted a faster paced game with more kick-in-the-door action its easy in 3.5 to model that, I feel that 4th Edition is making too much of an attempt to be like World of Warcraft but in pen&paper form. This is not necessarily bad for those who do like it but as someone who enjoys spreadsheets I'll be sticking to 3.5 until the Online engine majiggy shows me otherwise.
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
As a side note, I hadn't realized that the alignment changed in the 4th edition (I don't play D&D, but I have played computer games based on it). Apparently someone decided that people could no longer be both lawful and evil, or chaotic and good for that matter? Anyone know what was up with the changes?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

It's not that, ricree, it's simply that the only possible alignments right now (on 4E) are:
Lawful Good
Good
Evil
Chaotic Evil
Unaligned

You can play a character that is evil but follows some manner of law. His alignmet is, in game terms, evil. You can also play someone that is kind-hearted but don't care much about rules: He's simply good. Alignments are now broader terms that don't affect the system as much they used to (meaning: they're there more for roleplay purposes).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.