FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Succession of words.

Author Topic: Random Succession of words.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else just randomly either wispering of saying outloud a seemingly random succession of words? 5 mins ago I said in a light tone of voice "I killed 15 million people" just out of the blue at random, I didn't even THINK it just said it. This isn't the first time either.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
it's not *that* random. It made a coherent sentence at least.

Now here is a random succession of words:

quote:
Trisha Takinawa: Mr. West, do you have any words for our viewers?

Mayor West: Box, toaster, aluminum, maple syrup... no I take that one back. I'm gonna hold onto that one.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Does anyone else just randomly either wispering of saying outloud a seemingly random succession of words? 5 mins ago I said in a light tone of voice "I killed 15 million people" just out of the blue at random, I didn't even THINK it just said it. This isn't the first time either.

No, I never do that. I sometimes blurt, but never like what you described.

That's definitely weird.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
You should probably go to a psychiatrist.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
I always speak in half sentences, Or half-thoughts.

(I was typing this and I had thought it said *hair-thoughts*)

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps you are a half-wit.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I often make jumps in associations that aren't always obvious to outside observers, so I have to explain that there was a train of thought there. But I think everyone does that, it's just a matter of whether you choose to share your tangent or not.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
You might be possessed. You should get that checked out.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes when I am feeling stressed - and I'm alone - I mumble nonsense. Occasionally I come out with something a bit surprising like what Blayne blurted. It has nothing to do with intent or repressed desires, though. It's just an effect of unfocused verbalizing. I think it's roughly similar to the nonsense that happens in dreams. (The brain will produce patterned output of some kind; when there's no purpose or intent the output might not make any sense even if there's a recognizable idea or event or sentence.)
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tsinya
Member # 11724

- posted      Profile for Tsinya   Email Tsinya         Edit/Delete Post 
you may have a form of Turrets. I have a friend like that, but he just blurts out random grunting/squealing noises every 15 seconds. See a doctor, if it's a problem.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teshi:
I often make jumps in associations that aren't always obvious to outside observers, so I have to explain that there was a train of thought there. But I think everyone does that, it's just a matter of whether you choose to share your tangent or not.

hehehe...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2368675966

Not sure if you can see this...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
dot dot dot
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly who WERE you in your last life?
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Philosofickle
Member # 10993

- posted      Profile for Philosofickle           Edit/Delete Post 
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak
Posts: 208 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by C3PO the Dragon Slayer:
Exactly who WERE you in your last life?

He was the bubonic plague.
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
In the infinitely odd state of half-sleep I have been on record saying things. Things bordering the realm insanity to that of ramblings of a prophetic nature. Non-sequiturs abound, ill-placed nouns and verbs, terrifying visions of the future. Incoherency is my being as I drift from consciousness.

However, Blayne, you may be a bit cracked.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Philo, you stole mine.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.